Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Wooden Floor in Bathroom

• 14-08-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    My wife and I have just bought our first house. The bathroom is an upstairs room with wooden floorboards. They currently appear to have a yacht varnish on them.

The boss who must be obeyed has decided that she wants to paint the floorboards in white. I picked up a white floor paint from B&Q thats suitable for wood, but I'm unsure if its the right stuff for this application (despite being recommended it in-store). What type paint, process would be best to use. Whats the best way to seal the floor afterwards, and whats the best way to remove the yacht varnish (too small a floorspace to justify a floor sander),

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I don't know what it is u need exactly but surely it would need to be waterproof. White paint for wood could be skirting boards etc. knowing b&q :)

Advertisement