Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When do you hear if you're getting hours?

• 15-08-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering when part-time lecturers usually hear if they are getting hours for the coming semester? Could it be as late as September?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

To be honest the reason you haven't got any replies is because the vast majority of people on the forum are teachers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Without knowing what organisation you are talking about, its hard to tell. Most places would have lecturers assigned by now I would imagine so they are either assuming you are doing same again (assuming you had some hours last sem) or you are out the door. Either way - ring someone! Again in my experience, the way to get and keep hours is to stay visible to the people who assign the hours :) You should be dropping in to them around May/June and discussing their requirements for next year. Even at this late stage it is definitely worth a ring, and when you do ring be up front and ask if you are getting the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Without knowing what organisation you are talking about, its hard to tell. Most places would have lecturers assigned by now I would imagine so they are either assuming you are doing same again (assuming you had some hours last sem) or you are out the door. Either way - ring someone! Again in my experience, the way to get and keep hours is to stay visible to the people who assign the hours :) You should be dropping in to them around May/June and discussing their requirements for next year. Even at this late stage it is definitely worth a ring, and when you do ring be up front and ask if you are getting the gig.

It's for an IT............I was there part-time last semester, just for a couple of classes though. I sent an email a month ago but the head of the department didn't know at that stage. I don't really want to be nagging them again.
    I know that the timetables are not finalised yet, but surely they would know either way if they need me.
    I personally don't think it looks good at this stage!

Advertisement