Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K1L Minecraft[20 Slots][Freebuild][Anti-Grief]

Options
  • 15-08-2011 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

header.png

About

K1L is a small community of Irish gamers who love Minecraft, our server has been open for a while now, but we are only posting on Boards now because we have moved to a bigger better host, we are currently on a small 20 player package as our host is very flexible and we could change that in a matter of minutes depending on the feedback we get, I doubt we will increase the player count as we really want to keep the server pretty small, we pay annually for our hosting so don't expect the server to just disappear one day and have you lose all your creations, that wont happen, at least, not for a long time anyway xD please join and feel free to build, enjoy!

Please report all issues and suggestions on the K1L Gaming forum for the simple fact that it is easier to keep track of, I don't mind if you report them below but keep in mind it will take longer to get to them as only 2 of the admins are on Boards were as all of them are on K1L Gaming, thanks!

Features

20 Player Server
    24/7 Softlayer Server
    Irish Owned
    Freebuild
    No Whitelist
    Anti-Grief

Plugins

Essentials
    Lockette
    LogBlock
    SimpleSave
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

IP: MC.K1L.ME

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

I was having some dns issues earlier but I think it was just me, but if you cant connect, try using the ip: 50.97.141.237

-Micheal.

Updated to Bukkit #1060

showing some love to you Spoutcraft users, added SpoutBackpack, please recommend any spoutcraft plugins you would like to see as i am very interested in this mod.

server is offline for a bit due to problems with the panel, will edit this post when back online

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

is there a whitelist for this server?

is there a whitelist for this server?

no whitelist man, we use logblock and backups if anything goes wrong, love the vlogs btw :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

no whitelist man, we use logblock and backups if anything goes wrong, love the vlogs btw :P

as soon as you say its back up i'll pop on for a while.

as soon as you say its back up i'll pop on for a while.

up now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Mmmmm...Lag free. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Are the Plugins nessacery on my machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

No they are not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LESTRANGE

Mmmmm...Lag free. Love it
    Tanks lad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

looks cool, shall try it out!

Because of logblock not working as it is installing spout which means the server just wont work, I backed up the world and turned K1L into a post-apocalyptic fallout, mostly everything is griefed and it is up to you to survive, no more spawning items, monsters are enabled and so are animals, start up factions and claim old buildings as your base, start wars, grief bases do everything you want to become the biggest, strongest faction and the one that survives, have fun! server is on 1.8.1 :)

also, if any of you want to join a minecraft 1.9 server: oh2.k1l.me:25588 thats the place to be ;) bobage is the main op on there, he'll treat you well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Server offline?

Tallon wrote: »
    Server offline?

online for me, i'll ask around, ty for telling me

Ok so the previous world, (world three) was griefed very badly. We tried to make it into a survival server based around a nuclear fallout. However, this didnt work out so we decided on a new world. Hope to see all ye back soon... Ip: mc.k1l.me .
    Also try out MichealKennys 1.9 part 3 test server. Also compataible with 1.9 part 2. Ip: oh2.k1l.me:25588
    Sorry for any heartship

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That's a pity. A themed server would be awesome. Spoutcraft allows for servers to force a certain texture pack to the users which could help the theme along nicely :D

right lads, sorry about totally ignoring this project the past few months, i'll start it up again when minecraft releases, i'm sure all server admins can respect that the past few months have been hard on server owners as the fragmentation between minecraft versions has been huge, thanks for waiting.

@Enderman, thanks very much man, i liked the idea too, other people were not so keen on it and blew it to sh!t ha *cough* Lestrange *cough* :)

also, oh2.k1l.me:25588 is always on the latest minecraft version and that is where we hang about, currently on rc2 vanilla, we upgrade to bukkit every time it releases for the version adding plugins like lockette and essentials, but still mainly vanilla, check it out ;)

right lads, sorry about totally ignoring this project the past few months, i'll start it up again when minecraft releases, i'm sure all server admins can respect that the past few months have been hard on server owners as the fragmentation between minecraft versions has been huge, thanks for waiting.

@Enderman, thanks very much man, i liked the idea too, other people were not so keen on it and blew it to sh!t ha *cough* Lestrange *cough* :)

I done it a favour :D

• Advertisement

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69831191@N07/?saved=1

Pictures of the server posted on Flickr :)

very nice michael :)

very nice michael :)
    Thanks Micheal, means alot :) pity though we have an average user count of about 0 ...

The server is back online as a survival server, nothing special about it, just basic stuff, protection and logging, I have the user limit set to 12 and it's on minecraft 1.1, ip: mc.k1l.me

Quick Update:

- GroupManager installed.
    - WorldEdit uninstalled.
    - Residence configured.
    - Admins can no longer spawn items.
    - Admins can no longer use creative.
    - All users reset to take admins out of creative.
    - Admins beat the sh*t out of Micheal for making these changes :(
    - Server is now truly survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mikee50

Hey Guys!

Earlier today I recieved <---- (fail spelling xD) a 'Ban' For Nothing that has ever happened
    It says 'Spamming/hack' But I've never Used a hack, I only watch 'Em
    Plus Micheal never gave out any warnings. EDIT: If I Did Spam It Was When no one is on... *Cough* I still never used hacks and/or spammed. EDIT: No, Aragorn2 IS my Brother.

-Mike50

P.S. Micheal are you aware of this 'MachinimaCam3' guy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Mikee50 wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

Earlier today I recieved <---- (fail spelling xD) a 'Ban' For Nothing that has ever happened
    It says 'Spamming/hack' But I've never Used a hack, I only watch 'Em
    Plus Micheal never gave out any warnings. EDIT: If I Did Spam It Was When no one is on... *Cough* I still never used hacks and/or spammed. EDIT: No, Aragorn2 IS my Brother.

-Mike50

P.S. Micheal are you aware of this 'MachinimaCam3' guy?

Why does it look like a conversation where I can only hear one person speaking !

2012-05-19 13:59:48 [INFO] <**HACKERS _CrazyLeo_> can u do that?
    2012-05-19 13:59:54 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> With nodus
    2012-05-19 13:59:57 [INFO] <**HACKERS _CrazyLeo_> oh
    2012-05-19 14:00:03 [INFO] <**HACKERS _CrazyLeo_> i have mac
    2012-05-19 14:00:04 [INFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Mike50: /tpa _c
    2012-05-19 14:00:07 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> -spam 999 LEMME UP

4143 lines of the log are filled with:
    2012-05-19 07:45:14 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> WILL
    2012-05-19 07:45:14 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> YOU
    2012-05-19 07:45:14 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> MARRY
    2012-05-19 07:45:14 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> ME
    2012-05-19 07:45:14 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> PLEASE?
    2012-05-19 07:45:14 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> 00Emi00
    2012-05-19 07:45:14 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> <3

a further 6111 lines are filled with this:
    2012-05-19 07:48:01 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> Fo
    2012-05-19 07:48:01 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> Evah
    2012-05-19 07:48:01 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> Alone :(
    2012-05-19 07:48:01 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> :(
    2012-05-19 07:48:01 [INFO] <Knights Mike50> :(

I made you an op for the craic, and because I never play on the server anyway, but don't think I don't monitor the server.

I banned you not because you were messing with my server, but because you could do the same to others, you are now on MCBouncer so everyone with MCBouncer will know you have a hacked client now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mikee50

I don't have a hacked client.

I've never had one

That Wasn't me either way

If you had eyes the 'E' at the end of my name in that log isn't capital. The ending 'E' in my name IS capital.

Seriously do you know "MachinimaCam3"???

• Advertisement

Why do you take me for an idiot? So you are saying, I banned "MikE50" instead of "Mike50"?

guess what, I banned neither, I banned "mike50" caps don't matter.

http://mcbouncer.com/userban/3716748

And I only know machinimacam3 from the log, he done nothing wrong.

Advertisement