Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Broadband Package

• 15-08-2011 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in an office with about 10 other users and we have a 8mb down and 1mb up broadband connection. The connection becomes very slow during the day and sometimes the connections drops for a few minutes. We have a number of users who would be uploading data to web servers, etc. Just want to know if the package we have is sufficient for the number of users we have. Is there a way to test this to see if the broadband connection is being overloaded and if we need to increase our broadband package? Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Is it a contended package?

Where are you based, who is the provider.

I have a Wireless uncontended service, 3Mb up and down. 35 users here downloading and uploading architectural drawings without any difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

Contention is 12-1.

Based in the city centre and the provider is Buzz Telecom.

Do we need to upgrade the line or should this be ok for our needs? Anyway to test the load on the connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

www.speedtest.net

TBH, you'd be better off with 1Mb each way uncontended (during peak traffic times anyway)

Like I said, we have 35 users on a 3Mb connection uploading CAD drawings constantly without issue.

Advertisement