Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting bills and still no broadband or landline

Options
  • 15-08-2011 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭

Hi, I ordered Eircom broadband 3 weeks ago. it being Ireland I was forced into getting a landline(most people don't actually want one) as well with some talk time contract.

Got my first bill this morning, thats fine but as yet I have neither landline or Broadband,

Last week when I plugged in a phone just to see if the number worked I noticed it wasnt working (ring tone was OK)so I called Eircom, the customer service guy said a tech guy would call me within 48 hours......

No call so I called again this morning
    They(some half asleep customer service guy)said there is something wrong with the connection in the apartment, 10 working days to get a technician out?

First thing that comes to mind is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oK_trZhVdk
    Is this common for Eircom?

Were is my broadband equipment?

Why did they not check the line once it was switched on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Hi, I ordered Eircom broadband 3 weeks ago. it being Ireland I was forced into getting a landline(most people don't actually want one) as well with some talk time contract.

Got my first bill this morning, thats fine but as yet I have neither landline or Broadband,

Last week when I plugged in a phone just to see if the number worked I noticed it wasnt working (ring tone was OK)so I called Eircom, the customer service guy said a tech guy would call me within 48 hours......

They(some half asleep customer service guy)said there is something wrong with the connection in the apartment, 10 working days to get a technician out?

Quick update

Got the Broadband equipment today, not worth a damn though....... phone line is not working and apparently it will be 10 working days before they can get a tech guy out to sort it!

I think Eircom should change their name to
    10 working days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi meditraitor,

Can you private message me with your telephone number or account number and I can look into why the line / broadband have not been connected as yet.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement