Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Au Pair may need friends!

Options
  • 15-08-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone - despite the name I'm living in Laois!

As anyone who's ever had an au pair knows the happier they are the happier everyone is, including the children. We had an au pair who left over a year ago who really enjoyed her time here and made lots of friends locally - but it helped that we knew other au pairs around the area and introduced them early on.

We've a new girl coming from tomorrow and unfortunately we aren't aware of an au pairs around the Portarlington/Killenard/Monasterevin/Ballybrittas or even Portlaoise area at the moment who we could arrange a meet with. She'll have her own car (well, use of one a lot of the time anyway) so if you have an au pair or know someone who does it could be a good opp to get her out of the house a couple of nights a week and keep them busy in their spare time :D

Any thoughts on this from the locals in general? Any ideas how to seek out friends for her? It's just that to be fair, I think if I moved to this area of the country (we're sort of in the sticks) at that age and knew nobody, I'm not sure how well I'd do!

Advertisement