Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the price of your dog food gone up?

• 15-08-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

I went to stock up this morning in Petworld which is the only shop in the Republic that stocks the brand I buy. The 2kg bags have gone up from 9.99 to 10.99 in all flavours except the Salmon which has gone up to 11.49, the 12kg bag has gone up from 49.99 to 52.99 or something, I was told that all the brands of dog food had either gone up or were going up, the only one they hadn't put up yet was Arden Grange but they're 'always slow to increase their price', they blamed the manufacturers and the increase in petrol prices (I'm pretty sure petrol is going down a few cent at the mo?)

I'm going to investigate on the manufacturers website but just wondered if anyone else had noticed their dogs food had gone up in price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

The only thing I noticed was that the chickens I buy for my dogs went up 13% overnight in all stores. mince went up 5%.
    I dont know why this is and it drives me bananas that there is such a big increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Royal Canin has gone up by about 8% in the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Yeh they said Royal Canin had gone up as well.

I emailed the makers of the dog food and they said the price of raw materials had gone up, in particular salmon had gone up considerably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I buy my dog food directly from a feeds wholesaler and thay have gone up a euro a bag in the last 6 months! I know its not a lot but between the group of us that buy from him we get about 50 bags an order it really makes a difference then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yumyum12

SNIP no advertising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

yumyum12 wrote: »
    SNIP

Just had a look at your site. I cant find any prices for the products lists and I when I click on the complete dog food area I get redirected back to the sausage etc listings. Also i cant find any info on the nutrition composition of the food i.e. percentages for protein etc.

OP recently bough from food from my supplier and thought prices where higher but wasnt sure as I usually buy in bulk and get discount but didnt this time.

I think the price of wheat has gone up worldwide and even if this isnt in the dog food its required for the feed for the other ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Inexile wrote: »
    Just had a look at your site. I cant find any prices for the products lists and I when I click on the complete dog food area I get redirected back to the sausage etc listings. Also i cant find any info on the nutrition composition of the food i.e. percentages for protein etc.

Agree, cant find any info on complete dog food and what protein percent it contains and in the process of changing from Royal Canin and looking for something suitable but cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pisces173

Our local pet shop told me to try Whites. Its still in a 15kg bag & doesnt contain wheat so he said the price shouldnt increase & if it does it wont be by much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

pisces173 wrote: »
    Our local pet shop told me to try Whites. Its still in a 15kg bag & doesnt contain wheat so he said the price shouldnt increase & if it does it wont be by much

It went up by €1 just before I ordered the last bag, think that was in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Zapperzy wrote: »
    It went up by €1 just before I ordered the last bag, think that was in June.
    yeah went up by €1 but they have started a loyalty thing where when you buy a 15kg bag you get 10% of next bag or you can save 8 and get your 9th bag free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Mine has gone down.

I used to get it from DTI as it was the only stockist anywhere near me and it cost €60 plus delivery of €3.50 so €63.50 in total.

Now http://www.dogfooddirect.ie are stocking it for €55.99 and delivery is free so a saving of €7.51!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

i switched from royal canine to burns recently as rc wasnt agreeing with my younger dog. 4kg bag of rc was €29.99 and now I get two 2kg bags of burns for €20. small dogs so the two bags last a month, 15kg bag no good to me as it would go off by the time i got to the bottom. I'm happy enough - €20 a month to feed two dogs.

Toulouse wrote: »
    Mine has gone down.

I used to get it from DTI as it was the only stockist anywhere near me and it cost €60 plus delivery of €3.50 so €63.50 in total.

Now http://www.dogfooddirect.ie are stocking it for €55.99 and delivery is free so a saving of €7.51!

would love to buy of these guys as they donate to dog charities but they only seems to do the big bags and niot the 2kg bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Mine has gone down.

I bought 15kg of Luath from these guys for €57 delivered. This included a free storage container and a 5kg donation to a charity of my choice. Really nice to deal with as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Contact him and see Westies4ever, he's very helpful.

Contact him and see Westies4ever, he's very helpful.

cheers will do that. had been ordering from zooplus.ie but had an issue with them losing my payment last time and it was a pain to sort out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Mine has gone down.

Thanks for that i never heard of that site before , I'm paying an extra 9 euro in my local petstore :o

Advertisement