Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blind Brook Karting, Ballina

Options
  • 15-08-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Has anyone ever been to this place ? What's it like ?
    Apparently they have a go karting outdoor track, but it doesn't feature in any of the lists of Irish karting tracks you can find on the internet.
    I know ;) I could just go there, but any opinions before I do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

Its a fine place, never very busy and a decent long outdoor track. I play a lot of golf down there (par 3). Its great value for a day out and they have a bar and a hostel. Cant believe how quiet it does be some days though, even on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

Thanks, captain. Considering they've no website and the track isn't listed anywhere, it ain't surprising you say it does be quiet. Nobody knows it exists, perhaps ... Must check it out. Decent par 3, with greens kept low ?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

They've got a facebook page not a lot on it though. The par 3 is decent (9 holes), a couple of challenging holes, one over a swamp and another across some guys field! Only €8 for 18 holes and a nice walk. Its always well kept in fairness, greens and fairways cut I prefer it to Balla Par 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

For people's info, I went down to Blindbrook to check out the "karting track". Don't even think about it. It's not a track at all - just tyres thrown around an old yard surface to make some sort of 'track' to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christy_weezer

haha so true, its quite dear aswell at €25 for 20 minutes, usually just go at the driving range anytime I go there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Its a fine place, never very busy and a decent long outdoor track.

You must be having a laugh, its a terrible track, worse than the Mayo roads for potholes and bumps and that is saying something !!!! The Karts are very poor quality too, pity it could do really well with a little investment.

The golf course does look quite nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Went there about a month ago. Now I will go karting 7 days a week if anyone will go with me but I wont go there again. Terrible. Terrible kart that had throttle sticking open & was dog slow. The track while rough would do if the karts were good.
    The whole place looks run down though. Staff uninterested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement