Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection

• 15-08-2011 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

I was going to put this into the Metal Gear forum but thought people mightnt visit it.

The Metal Gear Solid ultimate HD collection is now available to preorder only on zavvi http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/metal-gear-solid-ultimate-hd-collection-zavvi-world-exclusive/10532517.html

For anyone who hasnt played these games its a must get. It contains

MGS1
    MGS2 Sons of Liberty
    MGS3 Snake Eater/ Subsistence
    MGS4 Gun of the Patriots
    MGS Peace walker

I've the standard edition ( which doesnt have MGS 1 & MGS4 ) preorder, so ill w8 to decide which one ill get near launch. If your preordering enter VCCOUKZAV
    to save €3

Oh theres only 4000 available worldwide so be quick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm tempted to get this, even just for resale value......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Already have MGS1 (PSN) and MGS4, so I see no need to buy the Ultimate edition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do both editions have Metal Gear and Solid Snake: Metal Gear 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

it's a pity they didn't include the other 3 psp mgs games, just to make the set more complete...

I know of the other 3 only Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is considered part of the series' main canon, but it would have been good to be able to play Metal Gear Acid and Metal Gear Acid 2 too as well as Portable Ops.

what about Metal Gear Online?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Do both editions have Metal Gear and Solid Snake: Metal Gear 2?

I think so, I read the HD collection features the subsistence edition of MGS 3 which apparently comes with those 2...

i can't guarantee it :)

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    what about Metal Gear Online?

just read that it is included too

I have come to the conclusion this isn't worth the price...

buy them separately:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection 28.69 sterling
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots 14.85 sterling
    PSN download of Metal Gear Solid 1 9.99 euro (8.69 sterling)

total of 52.23 sterling

this ultimate collection is 69.85 sterling, so you would be paying about 20 euro extra (33% extra) for:

steel case
    limited edition (numbered)
    5 art cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

This standard edition doesnt include MGS 1 and MGS4

tonydude wrote: »
    This standard edition doesnt include MGS 1 and MGS4

u sure??

I read the HD collection features the subsistence edition of MGS 3 which apparently comes with those 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

u sure??

I read the HD collection features the subsistence edition of MGS 3 which apparently comes with those 2
    It comes with Metal Gear 1 & 2, not Metal Gear Solid 1 & 4. So it's the old old games that are included.

• Advertisement

Con_R wrote: »
    It comes with Metal Gear 1 & 2, not Metal Gear Solid 1 & 4. So it's the old old games that are included.

ah sorry ya, easy mistake there

so tony I already mentioned that in my post just before yours, where I went through the costs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If this makes my precious original copy of Subsistence less valuable, I'll be... irked.

ill be getting it i say, im a big metal gear fan , wish capcom would do the same for Resident evil

the old metal gear , as in this ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If this makes my precious original copy of Subsistence less valuable, I'll be... irked.

Be irked.

The Ultimate HD Collection contains:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty -Substance
    - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater -Subsistance [this includes MG1 and MG2]
    - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
    Metal Gear Solid [PSN Download]

Steel Case [Numbered between 1 and 4000]
    5 Art Cards

The bits in bold are why I am getting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Out of curiosity, are MG1+2 the MSX or NES ports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, are MG1+2 the MSX or NES ports?
    MSX. You can see more details in the Eurogamer article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-12-first-metal-gear-solid-in-hd-collection

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Think I'll pick this up then from america if MG and solid snake are included. It definitely won't be the NES games because Kojima thinks the first game on the NES is absolute trash (which is being too kind to it) and the second game had even less to do with kojima.

Would be nice if they snuck in MGS Ghost Babel for the GBC. That game is amazing and not many people have played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Well....its sold out

RedXIV wrote: »
    Well....its sold out

That was fast, but was expected

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The European release has been pushed back to February 2012. I'll be importing for sure.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20111027/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-sad-changes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The European release has been pushed back to February 2012. I'll be importing for sure.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20111027/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-sad-changes/

Got sent a videogamesplus.ca newsletter today saying as much. Available for preorder from them for €36 and is released on November 8th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

this better have European extreme not that easy american and Japanese extreme, i want the more extreme one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Anyone here with a US import? How's the framerate in Snake Eater and Peacewalker? Konami's promise of 60fps is pretty much the only reason I'm interested in this.

I've heard reports of graphical glitches in-game and during cutscenes. Doesn't sound so good

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

A Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection with trophies in each game would be awesome. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Anyone here with a US import? How's the framerate in Snake Eater and Peacewalker? Konami's promise of 60fps is pretty much the only reason I'm interested in this.

I've heard reports of graphical glitches in-game and during cutscenes. Doesn't sound so good

I got it yesterday along with Skyrim, so for that reason I haven't even turned on my PS3 yet.

Hopefully those reports are untrue.

Theres been worries online that this edition might not happen, and its finally been confirmed. Instead its being replaced with another edition.
    Got this email. Its defo not worth the €85 now or is it ?
    [FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Thank you for placing your pre order for Metal Gear Solid HD Ultimate Edition with us.

As you may have seen the release date for this title has been moved to 3rd February. The publisher ‘Konami' has also advised of a change to the contents of the Collection.

The new collection will now contain the below items:

•Metal Gear Solid HD Game
    •Variant Metal Gear Solid Steel Book
    •Exclusive Metal Gear Solid T-Shirt
    •Exclusive 250 Page Premium Art Book showcasing the Artwork of Yoshi Shinkawa

To avoid confusion the new version of Metal Gear Solid HD will be packaged in an exclusive outer case.

In addition to the new collections edition you have already pre-ordered, you will also receive a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4: Sons of the Patriots (Platinum). This offer is only available to customers who pre-ordered the originally advertised version.

You do not need to do anything, we have updated your order which will now include the new ultimate collection which you can find here.

We will send you the new version at no extra cost, payment will not be taken until your order is despatched.

We hope that once this item arrives that you are really happy with the contents. If there is anything we can help you with please log onto your account and send us a message through the message centre.

Many Thanks
    The Zavvi Team
    [/FONT]600x200-z-md-mgs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yeah, got the same e-mail. Disappointing.

so has the 'exclusiveness' been lost?

are they not numbered anymore? widely available?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Still is better than what they did with the MGS 3DS. Yeah we're going to raffle it & doesn't a winner still have to pay for it.
    http://andriasang.com/comzpc/mgs_snake_eater_3ds_raffle/

so has the 'exclusiveness' been lost?

are they not numbered anymore? widely available?

Yes its no longer a PS3 exclusive , theres only 13,000 copies being made, 8000 for the PS3 and 5000 for the 360.

Advertisement