Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Form, Course start and end dates

Options
  • 15-08-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Was hoping to fill out the form for the BTEA and send it in early but was wondering what to put down for the end date for my proposed course. I know it starts Sept. 7th this year but not sure what end date they're looking for. Is it the date the course finishes next year, 2012 or in 4 years time i.e. approx. June 2015?
    I know I'll need a letter from the college, if successful, stating the start and end dates and don't want to contradict this.

Thanks for taking the time to view this.

Regards,
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Saoirsef

Hi if its a 4 year degree course put down start date 2011 and end date 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bheart65

Thanks Saoirsef for your reply. That's what I was thinking of doing originally and then began to wonder, as having experienced a lot of bureaucracy in the welfare dept. in the past, I didn't want to give them an excuse to stall the application in limbo, indefinitely, due to this detail!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

contact the college and get the exact dates just to be on the safe side.
    most course finish in the month of May

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Saoirsef

The registration letter will give you the exact dates and the social need that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damien13

I contacted nuig last week and they told me i wont be able to recieve a letter from them about start/finishing dates until i regester on the 23rd but i gave the btea people the completed form and my cao offer and acceptance letter and they had no problem jus asked me to drop in the letter from college as soon as i get it. as far as im aware you only put the start/finish dates for this year i.e 12th sept to whenever your exams finish in may as you wont be on beta next summer you will have to apply again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Damien13 wrote: »
    I contacted nuig last week and they told me i wont be able to recieve a letter from them about start/finishing dates until i regester on the 23rd

I just used the dates on the academic calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

honestly i was just gonna put month type things, like sept this year til may next (assuming they wanted the start and finish dates for the year not the whole course [gonna ask them when i go over tomorrow])

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

hdowney wrote: »
    honestly i was just gonna put month type things, like sept this year til may next (assuming they wanted the start and finish dates for the year not the whole course [gonna ask them when i go over tomorrow])

That's what I done last year and it was fine.

Advertisement