Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment - noise from Roisins

Options
  • 15-08-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi does anyone happen to know if there is a lot of noise from Roisin Dubh if you live in the apartments directly oppositethe back door, other side of canal......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

When we lived in Ruxton Court it was very loud, at times we felt like the Roisin's was in our sitting room!
    Would'nt advise if your a light sleeper!

To be honest, if you choose to live near a popular busy pub, then you're going to have to put up with some amount of noise.

Don't think there's much you can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

i lived in an apartment above apache pizza two years ago and the noise from dominick st was pretty bad tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Had a friend who lived down in Dominick Street. Noise was unreal. Maybe try St. Marys Road or Raleigh Row if you want to live down that side of town

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

not great place for a quiet nite :o:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Im usually the one making the noise so it wouldn't affect me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Get ear plugs in boots , the ones that are designed to keep water out while you are swimming. Very comfortable, lived across from CPs for a year, with these babies I didnt hear a thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

-Vega- wrote: »
    Get ear plugs in boots , the ones that are designed to keep water out while you are swimming. Very comfortable, lived across from CPs for a year, with these babies I didnt hear a thing at all.
    Or possibly wouldn't hear a fire alarm either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

amiable wrote: »

some earplugs drown out background noise, and muffles it, so you'd hear a fire alarm ( I lived in Spanish Arch and used them a lot to drown out the noise of partygoers, but was first one awake in the house when the fire alarm went off..depends on the quality you get but I wouldn't be happy sleeping with super-noise blockers in my ears... I think I would avoid the area altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

amiable wrote: »

My ear plugs drown out noise from a distance, I hear my alarm go off beside me and I hear my girlfriend if she says something to me. But the distant drone of voices and bass drums would fade out, sometimes not even 100%, but enough to get a nights rest.

My fire alarm is outside my bedroom, I'd hear it myself but I suppose check where your nearest one is before using ear plugs, or do a sound test.

Thanks for bringing that up :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement