Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting results early

• 15-08-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Ok so as an external candidate , my results are posted by the State Examinations Commission to arrive in the post on the morning of 17th of August.

Would it be worth the chance of going to the sorting office in An Post and checking for the results on Tuesday evening ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'm fairly sure they arrive early Wednesday morning so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Pointless - the post is usually sorted in a mailing sorting centre over night, and then sent to be at the local postal centre in the morning, and then your house on the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

No it wouldn't. They are not going to go through all the post just to find one envelope and another 12 hours won't kill you.

If they did this for one, then every LC student in the country would be descending on their local post office demanding their results. Give them a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 lmwell

No, unfortunately not;

The results are not delivered to your local sorting office until the morning of the 17th.

However, they would probably be available to collect from about 8am or 8.30am, just ahead of the schools getting theirs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You would have to get to the sorting office before the postmen/postwomen go out, which can be very early.

Before they started delivering results in a special early delivery to schools, we used to go to the sorting office before 7am to collect them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement