Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Confusion..

Options
  • 15-08-2011 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I passed Christmas with one D and the others where B's and C's.. So thats all good..

But for summer I got 2 B's, 1 C, 2 D's and an F. I went into the college a few weeks ago and they told me that I just need to repeat the F. But I just don't get what percentage I need to get? Do I need to bring it up to a D or a C? I'm presuming its a C, which is what percentage?

Thanks if anyone can help. Mobile and house phone says the college number doesn't register? lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gavinsfc

I'd guess you'd have to bring it up to a C since you already have two D's.

100-80%= A 4.0
    70-80 = B+ 3.5
    60-70 = B 3.0
    55-60 = B- 2.75
    50-55 = C+ 2.5
    40-50 = C 2.0
    35-40 = D 1.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BiteMe_

Gavinsfc wrote: »
    I'd guess you'd have to bring it up to a C since you already have two D's.

100-80%= A 4.0
    70-80 = B+ 3.5
    60-70 = B 3.0
    55-60 = B- 2.75
    50-55 = C+ 2.5
    40-50 = C 2.0
    35-40 = D 1.5

So I just need to get 40% ? Or above?

sugarman wrote: »
    Depends on your gpa really, you need a gpa of 2.0 minimum.

A D may be enough, but then again you might need more. Maybe even higher than a C.

Whats your gpa?

Hi, it won't let me log in to my exam results for some reason!!
    I know I got one D and the rest all B's and C's and Christmas.. And for summer I got 2 D's, 1 c, 2 B's and an F.. So I dont know how to calculate that lol

Depends on your gpa really, you need a gpa of 2.0 minimum.

A D may be enough, but then again you might need more. Maybe even higher than a C.

Whats your gpa?

Right no I get it now , got it on the college website! This semester was 1.79 and Christmas was 2.16

So added together is 3.95 which is 3.95 / 2 = 1.97

Edit: Added up wrong, GPA is 2.1. Does that mean I have to get a C or a D? lol

BiteMe_ wrote: »
    Right no I get it now , got it on the college website! This semester was 1.79 and Christmas was 2.16

Well it depends on your modules, some classes are worth 3,4 or 5 credits, a project can be 16 credits. On the site the example carries all credits equal at 5, which will never be the case.

If your gpa really is 2.1 a D will be fine, if its a 1.97 you will need higher. At a guess, C+.

I got it to be 2.1 doing the same sum that the site has. We never discussed credits so I presumed they where all the same!

• Advertisement

Well it depends on your modules, some classes are worth 3,4 or 5 credits, a project can be 16 credits. On the site the example carries all credits equal at 5, which will never be the case.

If your gpa really is 2.1 a D will be fine, if its a 1.97 you will need higher. At a guess, C+.

I got it to be 2.1 doing the same sum that the site has. We never discussed credits so I presumed they where all the same!

Just found 2.1 written on my exam result sheet. So I just have to get a Pass with a D then. Thanks for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

what i understood from a D i got in one subject last year was that its called a composite pass. you didnt fail or pass it (yea i know sounds fffed) but it only applies if your GPA is low at the end. if it is you might have to repeat. if GPA is ok, your fine. just be careful though, as some subjects depend on a pass from the previous, eg a c.

axle108 wrote: »
    what i understood from a D i got in one subject last year was that its called a composite pass. you didnt fail or pass it (yea i know sounds fffed) but it only applies if your GPA is low at the end. if it is you might have to repeat. if GPA is ok, your fine. just be careful though, as some subjects depend on a pass from the previous, eg a c.

Thanks! Is 40% really a C though? Someone wrote it up there

Yes. Thats taken from the website.

Your graaaand. You only need 35% minimum! Should be able to get double that if your studying!!

Yeah I started studying like 4 weeks ago! Thank god I only have one repeat haha. Thanks !

Advertisement