Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Dublin- Cabra/UCD commute.

Options
  • 15-08-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm moving to Dublin for a course next week, and am looking for accomodation. The course means that I have to be in Cabra (Navan Rd) until 12.30 every afternoon, and then leg it across to UCD during lunch for lectures in the afternoon. AFAIK, there is a regular bus (39a) that goes directly from the Navan Rd to Belfield, so getting there and back shouldn't be a problem. I'm wondering where the best place to live would be. I lived in Ranelagh for a few years, but have only the sketchiest knowledge of things Northside, so have no real idea of where to search. Ideally it'd be located near a bus route to UCD, and obviously the nicer an area the better! I'm on a budget, but could stretch to €100 pw. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think looking in Cabra/Phibsborough area might be your best bet, you should get a room on your own for that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

I'm from Cabra and commute to UCD everyday. Probably would be a good idea to live kinda near the Navan and North Circular road. That way you have the 46A and 39A to get you to UCD. Try Dunard or the Old Cabra Road area maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Thanks for the replies. Is it reasonable to think I can get from Cabra to UCD within in hour by bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

You *should* make it well within an hour although the 46a goes through Phibsborough and the delay at the St Peter's Church intersection would make you chew your knuckles at times. Funnily enough it's never a problem on the way back.
    The 46a is also very frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Einhard wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Is it reasonable to think I can get from Cabra to UCD within in hour by bus?

Easily. Normally takes me 35-45 minutes on a normal day. Granted bad days may take a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Hugely depends on the time of the day. I used to take the 46 in Dorset street to UCD, and it could take my anywhere from 25 to 45 minutes.

Advertisement