Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monaghan Harvest Blues Festival

• 15-08-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

I'm thinking of going to this: http://www.harvestblues.ie/Home

Anyone who's been before - is it any good? Anyone else here thinking of going?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

I posted about this ages ago....anyhow I reckon its their best lineup ever and I've been to a lot of their festivals well run and cheaper pints than Dublin even at the late night gigs .5 of the main stage acts have never played in Ireland before, and having been checking the various blues festivals in Europe this year its up there with the best of them. So accomodation booked and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Amanda

win2one wrote: »
    I posted about this ages ago....anyhow I reckon its their best lineup ever and I've been to a lot of their festivals well run and cheaper pints than Dublin even at the late night gigs .5 of the main stage acts have never played in Ireland before, and having been checking the various blues festivals in Europe this year its up there with the best of them. So accomodation booked and ready to go.

I hope you had a great time. As someone who went along with someone who really wanted to go, I was the one who didn't want to leave...what a blast...brilliant music, all types of blues and then some...fab weekend :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I went was a great weekend. The red hot blues was a great act. The whole atmosphere around the town was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

I went to it with my dad. Within about 5 minutes of arriving, we were already talking about coming next year - yes, it was that good!

We only went up for Sunday so missed out on Mud Morganfield (Muddy Waters' son), who I would have liked to have seen.

I really liked The Wildcards (the frontman is a fantastic guitarist). We also saw Ronnie Greer's band, who were very good - they played a wide range of music and their keyboard player was especially ace.

On the main stage, Duke Robillard was well worth seeing. I didn't stay around for much of Michael Burks' set - but he got a good reception.

The highlight for me was the set by Chris Whiteley and Diana Braithwaite - they have their own sound and Chris is an amazing musician (guitar, harmonica, trumpet). I spoke to them briefly after their set and bought their album - both lovely people.

Definitely going again next year. Well done to everyone who organised the festival - a big success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

Now that Ive got my voice back......Yeah it was a great weekend. I was there for the 3 nights and concentrated on the main stage and the acoustic room. Just got to see a few of the bands on the pub trail as mentioned above The Wild Cards and Ronnie Greer plus Grainne Duffy impressed. Duke Robillard, Smokin Joe , Michael Burks and Watermelon Slim were the highlights for me (no lowlights). Now what do I do for the next 51 weeks ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement