Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much choice for guests?

Options
  • 15-08-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering when having a dinner party, what's the best thing to do in terms of guest input into what you eat?! :P

I know basically what my friends don't eat, in terms of veggies, allergies, etc, but after that how far should you accomodate people who are fussy or conservative eaters? I'm not going to cook anything that unusual, but I don't want to send off the whole menu either for approval :(

If I go to someone's house I'll pretty much eat anything that's put in front of me, and if there's anything I really don't like I'll consider it bad luck and leave it aside (after tasting of course!).

So would you do a Come Dine With Me style "this is what you're getting", or ask each person for preferences, or something in between? :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Just do one plate for each course - no choices. Make sure between all your courses that everyone will find something they'll eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Just do one plate for each course - no choices. Make sure between all your courses that everyone will find something they'll eat.

Oh, yeah, of course, I'm not letting them pick on the night! I'm more talking about getting an opinion on what I want to serve the day before. I just feel that if you ask someone what they think of a certain dish/menu they will critique it, whereas if you just put it in front of them they will make an attempt at eating it!

Advertisement