Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 Contents onto NAS ?

• 15-08-2011 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

My phat PS3 80gb is full with mainly movies for the kids .

I have recently purchased a Buffalo link station 2tb and I wanna put all the media from all devices - Laptops , Phones ,PS3 onto it .

The Laptops and phones are pretty straight forward to dump from onto the new NAS , but how would i go about getting the movies
    from the PS3 onto the NAS .

I had a copy of all the movies on my Laptop but that got stolen

Ta In Advance.

M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

mixednuts wrote: »
    I have recently purchased a Buffalo link station 2tb and I wanna put all the media from all devices - Laptops , Phones ,PS3 onto it .

The Laptops and phones are pretty straight forward to dump from onto the new NAS , but how would i go about getting the movies
    from the PS3 onto the NAS .
    You will need to move them from the PS3 to a USB Stick - 32GB is relatively cheap these days - then copy to your NAS, or PC and from their the NAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

According to this :
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-Linkstation-Performance-Multimedia-Network/dp/B00308CBSS

Can you not connect the NAS via USB to the PS3? Depends if its FAT32 or NTFS

Or

It should show up as a media server ? (Correct me if i am wrong)
    So you should be able copy folders of movies from the PS3.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

One way only on my NAS anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

whiterebel wrote: »
    One way only on my NAS anyway.

Which is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

eddhorse wrote: »
    Which is?

Read only, obviously.

I have a Buffallo Linkstation 2TB too. It's the business. You will need a middle man to transfer, though. USB or other computer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

eddhorse wrote: »
    Which is?

Nas to ps3

Advertisement