Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fountain area help please

Options
  • 15-08-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a beautiful fountain, colour white, a lady holding a jug sitting on a large shell which sits on a pedestal. I'm moving it to another part of the garden, I'm trying to make a focal point but I feel it will be lost on it's own. Can I place a seat on either side of it?

All ideas are welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well you can, but won't everyone get wet?

We need a bit more info here, and a pic of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭The Garden Shop

Hello,

I have a beautiful fountain, colour white, a lady holding a jug sitting on a large shell which sits on a pedestal. I'm moving it to another part of the garden, I'm trying to make a focal point but I feel it will be lost on it's own. Can I place a seat on either side of it?

All ideas are welcome
    Starlight09,
    A white sculpture, wheter it's a fountain or a statue, really draws the eye in a garden. when dismantling it, try it in a few locations before you decide on it's final position. White is one of the strongest colours you can use in the garden, as it will draw the eye in all seasons and light levels. Depending on what look you are after, a focal point(like a sculpture) can foreshorten a long garden by placing it somewhere in the halfway point, or can give the illusion of a longer garden if you place a smaller sculpture at the furthest point in a small garden. you could position it nestled amongst existant planting if that will work for you, or create a new place for it now and plant around it to have it looking good for next year. I love ferns myself, especially around water, where they will thrive and look really good. post photos ....would love to see it. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Starlight09,
    A white sculpture, wheter it's a fountain or a statue, really draws the eye in a garden. when dismantling it, try it in a few locations before you decide on it's final position. White is one of the strongest colours you can use in the garden, as it will draw the eye in all seasons and light levels. Depending on what look you are after, a focal point(like a sculpture) can foreshorten a long garden by placing it somewhere in the halfway point, or can give the illusion of a longer garden if you place a smaller sculpture at the furthest point in a small garden. you could position it nestled amongst existant planting if that will work for you, or create a new place for it now and plant around it to have it looking good for next year. I love ferns myself, especially around water, where they will thrive and look really good. post photos ....would love to see it. best of luck

Thank you so much for all your good advice. Yes you are right about the colour white. I'm thinking of placing it in front of 2 large existing palm trees where I am making a gravel bed off that area

Advertisement