Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQLite or MySQL for use with Java

Options
  • 15-08-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭

I'm the PRO for a society in college and I was hoping to noodle around with all the member data and develop a tool to make contacting them easier.

I want to write it using Java for the front end and then have either SQLite or MySQL as the backend (Or if anyone has another recommendation, let me know! I'd just like to get a bit familiar with an SQL).

I'm close to siding with SQLite owing to the fact that it's absolutely tiny, but that's just me. Would it be easier to do using MySQL? I'm looking to learn something in this, but I dont want something that's completely frustrating either, and I've never really done anything remotely along these lines before!

Advertisement