Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years in Limerick

Options
  • 15-08-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I was just thinking about New Years celebrations and what to do. I know its 4.5mths away but the reason I bring it up now is that I think there's a great opportunity for Limerick to take advantage of this market. I was just googling New Years in Ireland and there's very little on.

Limerick could make itself the Irish venue for New Years. With the milk market area getting a good reputation for events it seems like the most suitable location.

Its around now people think about new years so its probably a bit late for anything to be organised for this year. For example tickets for Hogmanay in Edinburgh go on sale 1st Sept.

Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what people think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

good idea, put me down for two tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Sounds like a great idea. It'd be nice to have something other than the usual pubs and clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Great opportunity for the Market Quarter here,and the MiLK Markwr only problem is that no other people will get the market as Dolans have it sewed up

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭niceview

Great idea considering that New Years in Limerick is absolutely ****e. It would take a lot of planning but if it could be pulled off it would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

Sounds like a great idea and certainly something that I'd be interested in.

The main problem I see is how to keep the local scum away. It seems most events organised in Limerick are ruined by these fine citizens......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

I heard it could generate up to €10 million euro for the city!! A reason if ever we needed one to celebrate New Years in the Treaty City! =P

Advertisement