Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts/advice

Options
  • 15-08-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Any advice appreciated. To cut a long story short (hopefully!) about a year ago I moved in with a friend of a friend who owned the apartment. He was living there with his girlfriend and two others. No problem with the two others we got on fine and still do. My landlord was a different story. He charged me €50 more than my friend which was still €50 less than what the other two were paying and didnt make me sign a lease. So that was all good except himself and the girlfriend were a nightmare to live with and it was very much a case of one rule for them and one rule for everyone else, eg it was a non-smoking apartment but his mates who came over a lot in big number always smoked inside, when his mates came over they would always use our bathroom to the extent that it pretty much became a public toliet and I was the only one who ever cleaned it... I could go on, the thing that annoyed me the most was that even though there was two of them they only paid rent for one.

Anyhows he found something better for them but never told me he was moving out and in fact told my friend that used to live there but told her not to tell me and then wouldnt let me meet the people moving in, in one case he physically stood in front of me so I couldnt talk to them, I didnt like the guy who said yes we only got one as its overpriced so I sent my landlord an email saying could we look a bit longer and I would arrange it and he ignored me and moved the guy in when I was away.

One of the guys there originally is now moving out and again my landlord told him not to tell me, so Ive had enough and Im moving out, I would appreciate opinions on whether I should vent at my landlord and tell him I know he has been telling people not to tell me things and I want to know why?

Sorry that was a bit of a rant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

you are doing the right thing in moving out. Life's too short to waste time on these people....let it go.

Advertisement