Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray homing pigeon

• 15-08-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

A homing pigeon flew into my shed this morning. Managed to corner him and got his details from the tags on his legs. There was a phone number so I contacted the owner who lives 200 miles away. I'm heading that direction later in the week so he asked me to drop him off in the area and he will make his way home. That's not a problem, but I've seen a lot of stuff online about stray homing pigeons having their necks wrung as soon as they are returned as they are considered useless. Anybody got ideas on what will happen to this fella once he makes it home? He obviously hasn't the best sense of direction, but maybe he will get wiser with age.....

Advertisement