Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray pregnant? cat living under the garden shed!

• 15-08-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I need some urgent advice what to do. About month ago I noticed this cat coming out under the garden shed. First I thought someone´s cat is just walking around in the garden since this area has a lot of cats. But it´s been now good few weeks and the cat is definetely living under the shed. I started to give the cat some food since she´s not going anywhere and I just can´t leave her without food.

Now I noticed that she is pregnant(as far as I know, she looks pregnant. I´m no cat expert).
    I am only renting a room in this house, so I won´t be able to take the cat in(landlord lives in the house and doesn´t want any animals). I have called the Galway cat rescue, but their inbox is full so I´m unable to leave a message. Called the Galway SPCA but they haven´t called me back yet.

I would like to take the cat to vet, but don´t know how to do this. I have no cat box and the cat is quite shy and only comes out in the feeding times.
    I really don´t know what to do? and I think she will give birth soon enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Galway Cat rescue have a website too and they've got contact details for email as well. They can lend you a cat trap hopefully, but I know they're up to their eyeballs, so might not be able to help much more!

http://www.galwaycatrescue.ie/contact_us_7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ebsis

Thanks, for the website. I just got a call from the Galway SPCA.
    I´m going into their shop this week to borrow a cat box and called the vets in Briarhill so I´m going to take the cat there hopefully on Thursday.

I just hope I get the cat in the box since she is quite shy. but I imagine by placing some food on the box she would go in. She seems to be peaceful very shy though.

I was online yesterday to see all the info about where to report abandoned cats etc and didn´t realize it is such a big problem here in Galway and so many cats here without homes. It´s very appalling.

Me and my other housemate wouldn´t have any problem to let the cat live in here, but my landlord won´t allow it.

I´m wondering if I could even get him to agree to let the cat live in the shed. Would a cat survive living in a garden shed during the winter time?

Advertisement