Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order from iBood with caution !!!!

Options
  • 15-08-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Be very wary of ordering from this company! They may have some very tempting deals but you may have to way many weeks before you get anything you pay for.

I ordered and paid for a small hard drive on the 26th of September and on the 15th of August nearly three weeks later the item has not shipped.

I tried to contact them via phone and they dont have a contact phone number and the only way you can get through is via a contact us form on their website! but even this seems to fall on def ears as they do not reply an you dont even get an auto responder!

I have had to get paypal involved to try resolve this for me and as soon as I did they sent this " As stated on our website, our delivery time is 14 working days which means the product should have been delivered on the 15th of August. "

Well today is the 15th so they wont meet that deadline and I checked their website and it says "When will I receive my order?
    You should receive your order to your delivery address, within 1 to 7 working days of a confirmed payment" So this is a complete lie.

I wanted to reply to their email and guess what I have to go through the contact us form page on their website again!!!

Order from this crowd of jokers at your own risk!

I wont be ordering from them again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Cableguy wrote: »
    Be very wary of ordering from this company! They may have some very tempting deals but you may have to way many weeks before you get anything you pay for.

I ordered and paid for a small hard drive on the 26th of September and on the 15th of August nearly three weeks later the item has not shipped.

I am not suprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I find them good, slow on delivery but have picked up the bargains.

Had something that was taking ages, sent them a cancellation request and got a reply within 24hrs to say we can't cancel as your order has shipped. Moral of the story, try and cancel your order through them and it'll end up shipping pretty quick.

Ordered from them on three separate occasions. The delivery always took a good few weeks, but I always got my stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

They were always slow, but I ordered from them about 10 times, and the goods always turned up, some quickly and some took weeks.

There is a number on the website, don't know if you tried it.

"Telephone number via our partner Regus: 01 4773908"

I had this number in my phone, and I had used it before to contact them, I think it's in the Netherlands (don't know if it still works).

+31206811388

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've ordered from ibood a number of times, and while delivery may be slow, they do tend to ship within their terms. I've always received what I ordered from them, and have no complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Same here with regards slow delivery but arriving, to be honest I had forgotten I'd ordered it by the time it came

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Their delivery company must suck, I've ordered off them 7 or 8 times here in the Netherlands and its come in around 1 - 2 days.

Although i've probably jinxed myself now, waiting for an order I made on Thursday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Ibood are like a restaurant that sends 99% of their customers home without food poisoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

yes,the shipping is very slow ,once my friend has the bad experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Don't let the .ie domain name fool you into thinking they are Irish they are anything but! Goods I believe ship from Holland!

These seem to sell stuff they dont have or let me re phrase "do not have at the time of advertising!" otherwise they would ship ASAP and it would not take so long...!

• Advertisement

They seem to be a liquidation company. They are bulk selling items that they are liquidating. The don't store the items, but ship them from the other company.

Nothing unusual there.

Either way, they do ship the products and usually do so just in time. They seem to be very reliable for the majority here and provide cheap products.

Paulw wrote: »
    They seem to be a liquidation company. They are bulk selling items that they are liquidating. The don't store the items, but ship them from the other company.

Nothing unusual there.

Either way, they do ship the products and usually do so just in time. They seem to be very reliable for the majority here and provide cheap products.

If you ask me this is very unusual ! No were does it say they are a liquidation company and this just makes things even worse if you ask me!

If someone advertise's a product for sale I do expect them to have the product that they are selling. When I ordered from them or anyone else for that mater I expect my order to be shipped as soon as payment is received and confirmed!

Its now three weeks since I ordered my item and no sign of it arriving so this is well outside of their promise of seven days which is according to their website!

I might not have raised this thread if they even had the courtesy to reply to the emails I sent them asking were abouts my order is and for some sort of update. The fact that I could not find a telephone number made me very suspicious!

I hate to imagine the trouble I'd have or anyone else for that matter if they need to return an order because of a fault!

If this is how they treated me its how they will treat others and buying from them has been one of the worst experiences I have had buying from the internet.

If someone advertise's a product for sale I do expect them to have the product that they are selling. When I ordered from them or anyone else for that mater I expect my order to be shipped as soon as payment is received and confirmed!

When you go to place your order, it clearly displays the delivery terms (in days or weeks) and they do ship within that timeframe.

Just because it's not what you want doesn't mean that they are wrong.

Their delivery terms is clearly outlined in their Terms and Conditions, which is linked at the bottom of their page.

A bit more info aboit Ibood - http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=179945

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Nice saga here

Be aware that they operate under a different consumer law.

Paulw wrote: »
    When you go to place your order, it clearly displays the delivery terms (in days or weeks) and they do ship within that timeframe.

Just because it's not what you want doesn't mean that they are wrong.

Their delivery terms is clearly outlined in their Terms and Conditions, which is linked at the bottom of their page.

A bit more info aboit Ibood - http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=179945

They said they'd deliver within 7 working days that was 15 working days ago! explain that if you will!

Its not what I want its what I or anyone else would EXPECT !!

Should someone have to read the terms and conditions in the small print !!!! lets face it most people dont and that is the main point of this thread!

After reading their small print this is what it says "iBOOD shall make an effort to supply the items ordered, provided that iBOOD has such items in stock" so they can sell stuff they dont even yet have!

"supply items ordered to the delivery address within five working days" I am waiting 15 working days and counting!

"The delivery periods referred to above are of an indicative nature and are not times of the essence. Should the order not be delivered within 30 days, the buyer will be entitled to cancel the order at no charge." and here it is ....please expect anywhere up to 30 days for your delivery!

So buying something from these guys is a bit hit and miss then! you can either be lucky or unlucky !!! guess Im one of the MANY unlucky ones still waiting on there order!

Should someone have to read the terms and conditions in the small print !!!!

"The delivery periods referred to above are of an indicative nature and are not times of the essence. Should the order not be delivered within 30 days, the buyer will be entitled to cancel the order at no charge." and here it is ....please expect anywhere up to 30 days for your delivery!

So buying something from these guys is a bit hit and miss then! you can either be lucky or unlucky !!!

Yes, it always pays to read the terms and conditions. If you don't, then you've only yourself to blame.

I guess if it doesn't arrive within the 30 days, you can then file a complaint and/or request a refund. Until then, no point in getting upset. They're well covered with their terms and conditions.

And from the thread, you can clearly see that more people are happy with their service than are unhappy.

As the title of the thread states! Order from iBood with CAUTION ... the caution that you could be waiting a looooooooooooooooooong time for your delivery or refund. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I've ordered from them many times in the last 4-5 years. Sometimes it took a few weeks but generally they are not too bad. They do have some genuinely good offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

I`d vote for ff before I would ever buy from that shower again .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Another +1 from me for ibood.

If you read the t&c they give themselves 30 days. I've always gotten my goods within that limit.

At the kind of price you're getting stuff for, there really isn't any ground for complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 twam

I've ordered several times in the last few months, items have never been shipped before the 10 days stated on the offers is up, I have received everything bought but have to agree it is very frustrating especially when their delivery costs are so high. They should be more transparent about their shipping policies, 30 days should be made clear on the offers as I don't think you will ever get anything within the 7 to 10 days stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I've ordered off them a few times and always got the item. Sure, it may take a few weeks, but that's clearly stated in the T+Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Recieved two items in the past week from iBood.
    +1 from me.

Advertisement