Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rash - Food Intolerance?

Options
  • 15-08-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi not looking for medical advice, have an appointment with doctor tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has had similar experience, with any food.

Our daughter is 7 months old and we started her on solids at about 5 months as she was ready. My sister is coeliac so we didn't introduce gluten until after 6 months and were very careful about it. First try there seemed to be rash at backs of knees and behind ears so we stopped for over a week. Second try a rash appeared on her tummy and started to spread to her legs. At same time we were doing avocado so stopped both. She's going to creche next week as I'm back to work :( so began gluten again few days later after rash was nearly healed. Today I see her rash on tummy is red again and has spread more on one leg.:eek: So off to doc tomorrow.

Has anyone gone through anything similar and how did it turn out? Wondering if it could be some kind of heat rash or eczema though seems to time perfectly with introducing gluten!

Advertisement