Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fees

Options
  • 15-08-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey,

Whats the difference between the student services charge and tuition fee??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

suzycat wrote: »
    Hey,

Whats the difference between the student services charge and tuition fee??

Thanks

The student service charge is set by the Government in the Budget. In the budget announced on 7th December they raised this from €1,500 to €2,000

This fee is payable by all students at registration each year of your course. The fee will be paid by the local authority if you apply and are eligible for a higher education grant. Have a look at www.studentfinance.ie

The tuition fees are payable to the institution for the provision of tuition / lectures / teaching.

Where are you planning on going to college? You may be eligible for "free fees"

Here is a breakdown on the "free fees" scheme:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/fees.html

Unless its a private college you won't have to pay tuition fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭suzycat

Hey,
    Thanks for the info! Its a plc course i'm starting so i have to pay the course charge. But hopefully i'll be getting the btea!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

suzycat wrote: »
    Hey,
    Thanks for the info! Its a plc course i'm starting so i have to pay the course charge. But hopefully i'll be getting the btea!

No worries, you're welcome!

If you get BETA you will also get the cost of education allowance of €500

That might help towards the cost of the course. Make sure you also ask the college about fees for BETA because I have seen on here some people had the fee waived or reduced!

Good luck with your studies!

Advertisement