Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling UPC broadbant account

• 15-08-2011 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Anyone having problems with this?

I rang them up to say that I wanted to cancel my account after my next bill is paid which would mean I was outside the 12 month minimum contract.

This would mean I dont incur the 100 euro cancelation fee. They also need 30 days notice to cancel your account.

After 20 mins on the phone(15 mins on hold) I talked to two different people who were quite unhelpful.

I stated to them that I wanted to cancel after this bill. They gave me an email address as they said I had to confirm it in writing.

The impression I got on the phone was that If I sent an email to UPC at this address they would cancel my account before my next bill.

It seems as if their customer service is designed to try and rob you.

Anyone with experience on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jimw1988 wrote: »
    It seems as if their customer service is designed to try and rob you.

Important bit highlighted. You don't actually know what they are doing, and you don't give any details of the phone conversation, so how can you conclude that they are trying to rob you?

Send the email, as requested, telling them when you want to cancel. It's as simple as that.

This is not a broadband issue. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement