Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

‘The Mall’ Trip, UK – Sat Nov 5th 2011

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in information.

BUS TIMES & PICK UP

We have decided on pick up points at airsoft retailers for those who may need last minute supplies.

MIA Blanchardstown Dublin 3.30pm
    Hobby Airsoft Crookstown Kildare 4.45pm
    Millers Marsh Carpark Waterford 6.00pm
    Rosslare arrival 7.30pm

(If people in Dublin think MIA is not ideal please let me know to arrange a different point or even of a second pick up point would help people)

GAME TYPE

Initially it was planned to be 'hardcore milsim' but from talking to people this does not seem possible. However the game will be kept as much milsim as possible. The game itself will be storyline driven with multiple objectives.

At the end of the main game which should last the majority of the day we will do a couple quick games time depending.

AMMO & MAGAZINES

There will be ammo limits in place, but there will be opportunities throughout the game to increase your ammo. Sometimes you may 'win' ammo for your team others just yourself.

The game I had hoped would be strictly mid-caps but im afraid this may not be possible, however the majority of players will be using mids. Plus there is the chance for those without mids to purchase some on the day.

UNIFORM

Team A Green & Black (dark colours)
    Team B Tan & Mulitcam (light colours)

If the numbers dont add up exactly to the above we will modify it so we wont be needing armbands to distinguish teams.

PYRO

Thermobaric Grenade
    Box 50 - £160 (£3.20 each) ~€3.65
    Box 20 - £68 (£3.40 each) ~€3.88

Normal prices on the day
    1 - £4 each ~€4.56

BB's

We have a stock of Goldenball BB's .2g's which we will have with us. Not sure what price they will be but ill get price up as soon as I know.

FPS

328fps . All RIF’s will be Chronographed with site magazine & 0.2gm bb at the start of an event and are subject to random chrono testing at anytime throughout the day. We reserve the right NOT allow the use of any RIF over the FPS limit. Some areas of the game area are single shot only, therefore weapons that are incapable of firing on single shot will not be allowed to be fired in those areas.

If anyone has any suggestions please PM me or post here, and again terribly sorry about the delay.

Site Layout http://www.firstandonlyairsoft.com/area51/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Final-Floor-plan-for-web1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

FPS

328fps . All RIF’s will be Chronographed with site magazine & 0.2gm bb at the start of an event and are subject to random chrono testing at anytime throughout the day. We reserve the right NOT allow the use of any RIF over the FPS limit.

Why feel the need to mention something that - whilst Irish law - is not UK law? F&O had no troubles last time - as best I recollect - running anything at what one would consider 'normal' UK tolerances (up to 350fps), so why the change now?

Lemming wrote: »
    Why feel the need to mention something that - whilst Irish law - is not UK law? F&O had no troubles last time - as best I recollect - running anything at what one would consider 'normal' UK tolerances (up to 350fps), so why the change now?

TBH I just cut and paste that from the site. The mall is a max of 340fps variance. We didn't see the need for people to tinker beforehand and run the risk of not being allowed play over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

How many people are attending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭pyro jim

Hi, due to lack of interest/deposits the event has been cancelled.
    Any deposits that have been paid will be returned asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭chris20

AWh no way lads :-(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

10 days later lads , no sign of refunded deposit.
    I do hope my money hasnt been spent on fizzy pop and chocolate.

And by fizzy pop and chocolate I mean coke and hookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ammo

There will be ammo restrictions in place, not 100% yet on mid caps only.

When you read this, you shoulda have read

"I'm going to bottle it"

No offence to the organiser, if you are making a "milsim" you just make your decision and thats its.

Medic rules, midcaps only etc.

And if enough people dont sign up, then thats the end of that.

Changing and messing things up to cater for the customer base that are enquiring is not the way to go about it.

And it will bring the mentality of player you didnt want to bring in the first place, which is why you called it "milsim".

Kinda wondering when the penny will drop with people : /

Another week goes by - no refund.

This is going to be a weekly post until I get my €60 back.
    I couldnt give a toss about the €60 but I'm going to haunt the organisers of this and any posts they make to the airsoft forum and its sub fora until they either refund people their money or come out and say that the money's gone (which is looking more and more likely).

Either way chaps - show me the money.

This carry on is a prime example of the crap going on at the moment in airsoft.

• Advertisement

Pm inbound

and replied to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i've also not received a refund yet, if you can send me on that email as well it would be appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭pyro jim

Deposits sent now, I was moving house and didn't have access to the internet.

Refund received , many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

still waiting on my deposit.

• Advertisement

FFS!!!!! Still waiting on my deposit!!!!!!! Lads will some please get in contact with me and answer my PM'S!!!!!! :/

Still waiting!!!! If any one has a number for these guys could you pm me!!!!?????!!!!

Advertisement