Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question

Options
  • 15-08-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

my youngest brother has met an american girl (both mid 20s) , been going out for about a yr , she wants to move back to boston and she wants him to go , thing is he has a criminal record , robbed a few cars over a six mth period when he was 17/18 , served a bit of time (3mths) , it scared the **** out of him and he stopped acting the ballbag, stopped hanging around with these dicks he messed around with , he's turned it all around , went back to collage and got his degree (IT) , he's bricking it that he wont get in ...has he any hope of getting in ..any advice would be great ...

its not me by the way , i'm 45 with a bad hip and three mad kids ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

His crimes are some 8 years away, right? And no crimes since, not even a DUI or some such? I think he has a good chance, but yes, they will ask about it at the interview. Personally, I would recommend getting married here and applying for a spousal visa rather than a fiance one, they tend to be a little more lenient with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

thanks for the advice , it was 8 yrs ago , he got in with the wrong lot , like i say he dropped them like a hot poo when he came out , broke my mother's heart , my old lad fumed for about 2 yrs after ....off to tell him that he's getting married , cant be happy all his life ..:D

Advertisement