Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 13! Lucky for some ..

Options
  • 15-08-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

So with S12 over for me I'm moving to Div II to get trampled by the big boys. How many of us are in Div II? Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

ajeffares wrote: »
    So with S12 over for me I'm moving to Div II to get trampled by the big boys. How many of us are in Div II? Any advice?

100% PNG :)

been there (S11), took the hammerings (bigtime) and back in Div III -pick and choose your battles....you can catch the big guys off guard too if you've been hammered in a few games before you play them. Some of them get v complacent

keep playing mon friendlies to keep your contentment up...if u dont (and get relegated) you will suffer big time when u go down....i've only just about got mine back up to where it was when i got promoted.

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Im very excited to find out what DivIII table i get put into, looking forward to actually having to plan and scheme in order to get a win! i hope i can get a few DivIII wins under my belt and im even more hopeful that i dont finish 8th in the league!

We find out Leagues on monday right?

I say im just going to play my 2nds in the cup to mantain energy for the league itself and hope to maybe pull off a big win when other teams are focusing on their cup runs!

And if i get thrown into any of your leagues, dont mind anything i just said, and wnwim my sh*tty team :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

If your lucky, you'll have bots for the first few rounds of the cup, so that should not cause to many problems.

I think you're right trick is to sort of lie down and take beatings for a couple of weeks, and then strike while you have an energy advantage and unsuspecting rivals.

Be prepared to take a hit in contentment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

If you're in my league I am definately going to LTNT you:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Zagato wrote: »
    Be prepared to take a hit in contentment
    I found contentment quite allright in DivII. The fans were pretty realistic - I beat all the teams I could, and they were happy with that.

As others have said, it's all about picking your battles. The top 2-3 teams will be pretty untouchable, but you can get wins against teams 4-6, because they will need to take on more games.

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    If you're in my league I am definately going to LTNT you:P

Boardsies scalps are priority. End of. Your all marked men and women!

TheJims wrote: »
    Boardsies scalps are priority. End of. Your all marked men and women!

How does the leagues run again? does the qualifiers go in direct replacement? ie qualifer in my league plays someone in Div II and wins, do they swop effectively?

same with autopromote, does the promoted team push the auto relgated team down to div III he left?

Edit: been looking at documentation and it says:
    To determine which teams in which leagues in the division above which will be replaced or challenged in a qualifier, the quality of teams is used. The highest ranked promoting team will replace the lowest ranked relegating team.

So JP went through as highest ranked Div III team, so am I right in assuming that the lowest ranked of 8 auto relegated teams comes into my league? ie rosscarbury flyers...a bot?!?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Just spent 600 000 on my stadium. Better be worth it! Can't wait till the league is up. Can't be to long till they are up now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

How does the leagues run again? does the qualifiers go in direct replacement? ie qualifer in my league plays someone in Div II and wins, do they swop effectively?

same with autopromote, does the promoted team push the auto relgated team down to div III he left?

Edit: been looking at documentation and it says:

So JP went through as highest ranked Div III team, so am I right in assuming that the lowest ranked of 8 auto relegated teams comes into my league? ie rosscarbury flyers...a bot?!?! :D

The bot wasn't relegated ;)

You get Menage a Quinze

The bot stays where it is.

Basically, there are 8 auto-promotes to DIV II, and 3 teams won their qualifiers and will promote also

11 teams going up
    11 teams being relegate
    Rank them in order (based on where they were after the league finals)
    Then simply swap them around - highest promoted swaps with lowest relegated etc etc

Just spent 600 000 on my stadium. Better be worth it! Can't wait till the league is up. Can't be to long till they are up now

Normall Sunday, although might be a little earlier this season as the U20 WC is on in Australia so a favourable time difference.

• Advertisement

jprender wrote: »
    The bot wasn't relegated ;)

You get Menage a Quinze

The bot stays where it is.

Basically, there are 8 auto-promotes to DIV II, and 3 teams won their qualifiers and will promote also

11 teams going up
    11 teams being relegate
    Rank them in order (based on where they were after the league finals)
    Then simply swap them around - highest promoted swaps with lowest relegated etc etc

Damn it, knew was too good to be true!

Ah sure menage a quinze is not great shakes! how'd they make it to Div II, best player is 64kcsr and only logs in once a month, super! :D

Normall Sunday, although might be a little earlier this season as the U20 WC is on in Australia so a favourable time difference.

Please god don't let me wind up in your league!

He's beatable, all I needed was another decent back or two to penetrate! I had wave after wave rebuffed. then he scored come crappy tries to win the final. he's all talk really about his tactics etc, really I should have promoted instead as I clearly have a superior team, just the match engine favoured him completely.

taking the mick obviously!

We'll deal with that problem when we come to it :P Just enjoy the glory for now

He's beatable, all I needed was another decent back or two to penetrate! I had wave after wave rebuffed. then he scored come crappy tries to win the final. he's all talk really about his tactics etc, really I should have promoted instead as I clearly have a superior team, just the match engine favoured him completely.

taking the mick obviously!

That was the best chance you are ever likely to get ;)

My defense ain't so bad, it was fun watching all your PNG's go backwards !!

I'm not actually sure what other promotee is gonna be in the same league as me, I haven't checked. It could be you alright, we'll just have to wait and see.

My new league isn't so bad, I think I come in about 4th or 5th highest csr wise.
    All depends on the fall of the fixtures however.

Oh man those PnG's where killing me. I was like WHAT ANOTHER!! it was at about 23%, creative and expansive where about 60 odd % couldn't work out why they kept going PnG!

ah well, next season I will be done with exams and its quiet in work so can put work into team for progression!

Oh man those PnG's where killing me. I was like WHAT ANOTHER!! it was at about 23%, creative and expansive where about 60 odd % couldn't work out why they kept going PnG!

ah well, next season I will be done with exams and its quiet in work so can put work into team for progression!

Get level 5's. Made a huge difference to my team

Seriously considering it, spent 2m on players this season and still have more in the bank than start of season so going to sit down and work out costs and surplus over the season and if I can afford it

What is the maintance and trainer wages can you tell me?

Seriously considering it, spent 2m on players this season and still have more in the bank than start of season so going to sit down and work out costs and surplus over the season and if I can afford it

What is the maintance and trainer wages can you tell me?

80k maintain & 11250 per trainer I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Yes, do get lvl 5s!!

Made a huge difference to me too! Some players are really starting to come along.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Yes, do get lvl 5s!!

Made a huge difference to me too! Some players are really starting to come along.

With L5's, I presume you are going to take a trainee for the U20's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Just figured out who is gonna be in my league for next season. Top 2 cant really be touched at minute then places 3 to 7 have nothing between them and then the bot formerly known as patron at the bottom. Tough season ahead.

Cant wait!!

Just had a look at my "history" n it says I'm goin to league III.3.. Looks tough.. Defo goin in as the bottom team skill wise... Gona be a long season..

Very unlucky EOF !!

Battai Bator coming up into your division for season 13 :D

That's funny !! :D

God blast it i thought i would have an easy time of it with a bot in my league but no, it was replaced with a team called simpletons who won the kenyan league last season. Saying that they're not unbeatable but still, im disappointed now.

This blasted league keeps getting tighter and tighter. This is gonna take a cunning plan...

Found my league in team History, most of the teams are beatable but no soft touches. Could be a very tough season or it could go quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

God blast it i thought i would have an easy time of it with a bot in my league but no, it was replaced with a team called simpletons who won the kenyan league last season. Saying that they're not unbeatable but still, im disappointed now.

This blasted league keeps getting tighter and tighter. This is gonna take a cunning plan...

:eek: GULP!!:eek:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

in division iii 13 looks like a tough league one team is beatable the rest will be hard to beat but it will be fun:p

• Advertisement

Davyboy. wrote: »
    :eek: GULP!!:eek:

;)

Whats your plan for the season davy? As you know its customary here on the boards to tell everyone your league tactics!

Advertisement