Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 13! Lucky for some ..

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Ooops, actually thought i'd set in LTNT! Ah well.. Sure, t'has been great playing against ya Satory, hopefully we'll cross paths again soon. WE should have a once / twice a season challenge match on a thursday or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

ormond lad wrote: »
    won my semi on normal against normal 47-3, so surprised i wasnt LTNTd.
    In the final the opposition has the greater CSR but nearly all his best players have no energy, hopefully i can take him and get to div 3
    Div 3 here i come!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

about time I got out of div III - auto promoting to Div II... see if I can last!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Ooops, actually thought i'd set in LTNT! Ah well.. Sure, t'has been great playing against ya Satory, hopefully we'll cross paths again soon. WE should have a once / twice a season challenge match on a thursday or something!

Yeah I f**ked that one up... :( way, way too much kicking percentage set in that game.

Yeah definitely have to keep playing an odd Thursday friendly in the coming seasons....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Won my final vs Munster maori...he played normal vs my LTNT. I get the feeling he wasnt really trying to win :eek:

now playing Cill Dara RFC in playoff for promotion to Div II (I forsee a whupping.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Lost in the final, so no first time return to div II for me. But for being near autopilot for half the season not bad.

Will be traveling and working in the Middle East, and suggestions on countries to go to ( Blackout world, not real world unfortunately )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

wouldnt russia be in or near the mid east time zone, depending which part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

voodoo -how about Hong Kong?

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    voodoo -how about Hong Kong?

Was thinking that actually..

Is it done on ranking points? Likeare you merged with similar teams? Or do start at the bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Hopefully they don't fire the moving countries into the same league... I'll never get rid of you if you go to Hong Kong ;)

EDIT:: Just checked the finances(RL) for this month... may have to put off a move till next season :(

Why does December have to be an expensive month???

satory wrote: »
    Hopefully they don't fire the moving countries into the same league... I'll never get rid of you if you go to Hong Kong ;)

EDIT:: Just checked the finances(RL) for this month... may have to put off a move till next season :(

Why does December have to be an expensive month???

It's a tie up between croatia, s Korea and hong kong.. All +\- 3ish hours from where I'll be mostly. Obviously Russia too... But yea

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

im buying a move now but wont be using it till 2 or 3 seasons down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

seanand wrote: »
    im buying a move now but wont be using it till 2 or 3 seasons down the line

what are the thoughts behind moving?? (unless your moving aborad in RL too!)

is their benefits to it that i dont know? besides moving to a country with small numbers and helping them out maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

QQ. Won Promotion to D3 this season. Now my team are all pretty young with the oldest starter just turned 20 or so but all with CSR around 25-30k so chances are I will be crushed my most of the teams above me. Should I just focus on training them further as have some pretty decent prospects and one future u20 prop and play wnwim each week as I have been or does winning or at least competing in some games in the league next season have an effect on me apart from contentment levels.

I would be confident that if I got relegated I could bounce straight back albeit with a much stronger team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Trippie wrote: »
    QQ. Won Promotion to D3 this season. Now my team are all pretty young with the oldest starter just turned 20 or so but all with CSR around 25-30k so chances are I will be crushed my most of the teams above me. Should I just focus on training them further as have some pretty decent prospects and one future u20 prop and play wnwim each week as I have been or does winning or at least competing in some games in the league next season have an effect on me apart from contentment levels.

I would be confident that if I got relegated I could bounce straight back albeit with a much stronger team

Hold your horses boss till you see what your opposition is like. I had players similar to yours when i hit div 3 and i was competing in play offs first season there. Pick your battles and aim to stay up. WNWIM the no hoper games and win the important ones...or at least try.

What Johnny said.

I was the exact same when i went up to Div III, and i have never finished outside the top 3 since!

Wait and see who you have first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

what those above said. I just want to add, why did you wnwim each week last season? wnwim does not give extra training anymore, LTNT gives most experience and the ingame training is based on the level of opposition, i'd go with intention of competing as much as possible. pick your battles. but most certainly do not wnwim each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

eoferrall wrote: »
    what those above said. I just want to add, why did you wnwim each week last season? wnwim does not give extra training anymore, LTNT gives most experience and the ingame training is based on the level of opposition, i'd go with intention of competing as much as possible. pick your battles. but most certainly do not wnwim each week.

I was not aware of that, was away from the internet for few months in the summer so didnt know about changes or anything. So normal is just as good then i take it

• Advertisement

TheJims wrote: »
    what are the thoughts behind moving?? (unless your moving aborad in RL too!)

is their benefits to it that i dont know? besides moving to a country with small numbers and helping them out maybe?
    well i wont be moving for 4 or 5 seasons, i want to be conpetitive in ireland first and i want to train players for the under20s. and the prices of moves is cheaper now than ever.

to help out a smaller country, the national side is by far the best aspect of this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

seanand wrote: »
    the national side is by far the best aspect of this game

Maybe training a player but take my word for it, the national job is the most time consuming, life sucking job on the planet. There is nothing worse than having to put off real life things just because you have to pick your team & tactics, scout an opponent all the while begging guys to train and also answer at least 10 mails a day from people asking if their player is good enough. While this is happening your own club slips into a complete mess! There is a reason none of the Division 1 managers take over the NT team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Wow that sounds like a rant, it's not all bad... I swear:D:D

Phonehead wrote: »
    Maybe training a player but take my word for it, the national job is the most time consuming, life sucking job on the planet. There is nothing worse than having to put off real life things just because you have to pick your team & tactics, scout an opponent all the while begging guys to train and also answer at least 10 mails a day from people asking if their player is good enough. While this is happening your own club slips into a complete mess! There is a reason none of the Division 1 managers take over the NT team.
    oh i meant training anyway, id never manage them. id help if i was asked.

BTW you have done a great job

Advertisement