Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 13! Lucky for some ..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    Very unlucky EOF !!

Battai Bator coming up into your division for season 13 :D

That's funny !! :D

:eek: :(

will be tight, played him a few times in the CC cup and had some close games on equal intensity, so expect to see him in final and then who knows. I'm still hopefull!:)

Damn it, realised I am the top ranked team, so if I lose any matches will get hammered in contenetment, but winning will only rise it a little. damn it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

80k maintain & 11250 per trainer I think

:eek: level 5 is 80k a week!, thats twice as much as i'm paying for level 4, should have looked that before i dumped the half a million for it hopefuly it pays off well and i can start selling a few youngsters

Really need to start using the transfer market more, i do be fairly broke most of the time :P

bossa_nova wrote: »
    :eek: level 5 is 80k a week!, thats twice as much as i'm paying for level 4, should have looked that before i dumped the half a million for it hopefuly it pays off well and i can start selling a few youngsters

Really need to start using the transfer market more, i do be fairly broke most of the time :P

Yeah I'm waiting to see what my fixtures are like, if I've a couple of home games in first few weeks I'm starting construction. don't want to head into the red dumping 99% of my remaining bank balance into level 5 construction!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Braybarians down into my league this year, 2 new teams up look beatable ( prepares to eat words ) Will again be aiming for a top 3 finish this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Awwww, the Jacks and Geraldine RFC got promoted to my old division. That would have been fun :(

Back in III.5, one team looks to be the whipping boy (the nice thing about division 3 is that its not me for the first time in four seasons). The rest are fairly even, which should make for a close division. The fact that I have a fairly high ranking and that I wont be around for most of the season means I might have to put on hold the level 5 facilities expansion plan though, but we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Braybarians down into my league this year, 2 new teams up look beatable ( prepares to eat words ) Will again be aiming for a top 3 finish this season.

I thought the two new teams looked fairly tough, thats why I decided to pull my 10 from the transfer market... I don't think this season with the teams in the league is the time to start training a new fly half, especially since I'll be training my Irish youth prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

mar-z wrote: »
    Awwww, the Jacks and Geraldine RFC got promoted to my old division. That would have been fun :(

Back in III.5, one team looks to be the whipping boy (the nice thing about division 3 is that its not me for the first time in four seasons). The rest are fairly even, which should make for a close division. The fact that I have a fairly high ranking and that I wont be around for most of the season means I might have to put on hold the level 5 facilities expansion plan though, but we'll see.

Ah sure we'll see you up here next season. Thats hoping I stay up!

bought lvl 5 facilities...:eek:

now in the red, but got good few home matches... and praying for a decent cup run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

eoferrall wrote: »

now in the red, but got good few home matches... and praying for a decent cup run!

So was i when i plunged for it, but selling off a few players and they've made up the money already so i'm happy:D

bossa_nova wrote: »
    So was i when i plunged for it, but selling off a few players and they've made up the money already so i'm happy:D

Already sold 3 to pay for lvl 5 and stadium expansion at once!:eek:

One more up for sale and someone bid the opening price so back in black guaranteed even if no one else bids. but players should. very good youngster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Well I got somewhat carried away, bought level 5 facilities and am advertising for 4 level 5 coaches! Decent cup run is vital.... I blame Bobarena though, my young lock has been released for the U20s. If he gets picked I sense a swelling breast full of pride :D

@Voodoo

Same again this season?

Im up for it and have the tactics set for Saturdays game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

satory wrote: »
    @Voodoo

Same again this season?

Im up for it and have the tactics set for Saturdays game

Same, already have the tactics set in!

Ps. Why the name change?

Just got bored....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

It looks like I am on the receiving end of an LTNT today :(

What's up with that ? I shall have revenge in the return fixture if it pans out to be true :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I sent out my seconds wnwim :D
    Its going to be "interesting" to say the least

What's up with that ? I shall have revenge in the return fixture if it pans out to be true :mad:

He clearly sees you as a threat to his top 4 spot! :p but with the bare 22 he has its very early to be ltnt'ing if he has. cup run & league could take a dent with the energy hit lasting with two matches a week a little while!

I've got majority of seconds out, at normal to be sure of the win, even if he ltnt's I will win on normal. need to get out of this Div!:(

I had to ltnt myself. My contentment is shot from the relegation and I can't afford to lose this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Don't know how i lost tbh. 11 line breaks and only one of them was finished. His bloody openside was everywhere to cover.

Happy enough though. Bonus point and far from outclassed against a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Ok, they actually played normal.

I didn't realise that they were that good, they had seriously high stars.

IT MATTERS NOT THOUGH, AN AWAY WIN FOR THE FOOKERS !!!!

GO ON MY SON !! :D

• Advertisement

Season off to a win decent win, 54-7. and an unbelievably massive contentment rise of ONE:mad: FFS this contentment lark is bollix, one loss against a better team (JP!:() and i get hammered and now going to take all season to get it back up.:mad:

Side note, tasty profit from the match and bank account is looking healthier.

Season off to a win decent win, 54-7. and an unbelievably massive contentment rise of ONE:mad: FFS this contentment lark is bollix, one loss against a better team (JP!:() and i get hammered and now going to take all season to get it back up.:mad:

Side note, tasty profit from the match and bank account is looking healthier.

With relegation it makes it worse. Stupidly far ahead in ranking points of all but maybe 2 teams, and on sceptical. It means I essentially can't lose while waiting for contentment to rise on its own.

I really think its time to adjust the way contentment for relegation/struggling teams is done. Last season I had one of the worst teams in the division (not just my own league) and with the last lot of changes losing matches didn't hurt too much against the big boys. I perform at what has to be above expectations in the league and finish outside relegation zone. Then I lose the qualifier against a team at a similar level to me. Now I can see why losing the qualifier would be a dissapointment and I rightly should get nailed in contentment for that which I did (lost 32 points on that match). But then I get nailed with another 30 point drop in contentment when the league changes as I was relegated.

I understand that relegation would effect many fans contentment but when you are a minnow in the league it's frankly stupid that the fans wouldn't see it coming and would be hugely pissed off about it. So in essence if I through my last match of the season and got autorelegated I may well have ended up in better shape.

/rant

The good news is I have found out that I still make +100k on sceptical contentment so I wont end up bankrupt.

Oh and I won comfortably. The match engine seemed to do the whole easing off thing. I probably could have gone normal vs his tnt.

mar-z wrote: »
    With relegation it makes it worse. Stupidly far ahead in ranking points of all but maybe 2 teams, and on sceptical. It means I essentially can't lose while waiting for contentment to rise on its own.

I really think its time to adjust the way contentment for relegation/struggling teams is done. Last season I had one of the worst teams in the division (not just my own league) and with the last lot of changes losing matches didn't hurt too much against the big boys. I perform at what has to be above expectations in the league and finish outside relegation zone. Then I lose the qualifier against a team at a similar level to me. Now I can see why losing the qualifier would be a dissapointment and I rightly should get nailed in contentment for that which I did (lost 32 points on that match). But then I get nailed with another 30 point drop in contentment when the league changes as I was relegated.

I understand that relegation would effect many fans contentment but when you are a minnow in the league it's frankly stupid that the fans wouldn't see it coming and would be hugely pissed off about it. So in essence if I through my last match of the season and got autorelegated I may well have ended up in better shape.

/rant

The good news is I have found out that I still make +100k on sceptical contentment so I wont end up bankrupt.

Oh and I won comfortably. The match engine seemed to do the whole easing off thing. I probably could have gone normal vs his tnt.

Well best be sure once I Promote then I don't slide back down again! Wonder how boardies will make it up next season? good few of us banging around the top of Div III

Well best be sure once I Promote then I don't slide back down again! Wonder how boardies will make it up next season? good few of us banging around the top of Div III

I'm not too pushed about promoting this season. 4 seasons in div II makes me appreciate being more competitive. Plus as I'll be setting tactics next week to last the season, it probably wont work out too well anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

TheVoodoo wrote: »

They're one funny team... on a good day they seem to be able to take anyone down, but they're terrible at underestimating weaker teams. I was in their league for two seasons, think they only beat me once. Of course when they actually had to beat me they absolutely slaughtered me... but if they think you're not a threat you could grab a nice surprise scalp.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Re: fan contentment levels... I wonder is there a way to get "fan expectations" thing put into the system.

Take my club as eg. just promoted to DivII, so fan expectations should be to avoid relegation, not win the division, so the fans should expect us to lose to the better team. It works on Hattrick, so it should be possible

Davyboy. wrote: »
    Re: fan contentment levels... I wonder is there a way to get "fan expectations" thing put into the system.

Take my club as eg. just promoted to DivII, so fan expectations should be to avoid relegation, not win the division, so the fans should expect us to lose to the better team. It works on Hattrick, so it should be possible

They've partly inroduced it. You shouldn't lose much contentment at all by being beaten by better teams.

The problem comes when you actually get relegated even if you were by far the favourites for the drop. A start of season expectation where a completely outclassed team had a just happy to be here or similar could possibly work. But you'd have teams with higher expectations giving out about losing contentment for say coming 2nd if they were determined as faviourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

F*CK.... Just realised ive a guy from my Div. In the next round of the cup... N were playin this saturday in the league... he's way better then me.. Might WNWIM him Saturday n TNT him for the cup... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

TheJims wrote: »
    F*CK.... Just realised ive a guy from my Div. In the next round of the cup... N were playin this saturday in the league... he's way better then me.. Might WNWIM him Saturday n TNT him for the cup... :(

That's the way to do it I reckon. If you can afford it looking ahead at the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

the guys in my league are so far ahead, and im playing the top 4 ranked teams first, so i kind of plan on wnwiming them, and trying to blitz the 2 teams ranked just above me, hoping to fool them somehow!

Advertisement