Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 13! Lucky for some ..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

so i changed my mind in work this morning.. figured.. he'd EXPECT me to wnwim today, and TNT the cup game.. sooo done the double dutch switcharoo.. :rolleyes:

TNT'ed him and picked up my first Div III win! :D

not bad beating the guy who came 2nd in the league last season, let him have his "silly" cup run lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Fair play on your first III win!
    What league are you in?

2 from 2 for me so far, nothing too taxing until week 7, 8 and 9 now.

Might try an beat round 7 in the cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

in Div III.3, just hoping i didnt show my cards to early on in the season, would love to stay up next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

New stadium opens tomorrow, excited to see what the funds look like after a mediocre cup game tomorrow. Contentment only at Buoyant, a one click team will give me a worst case scenario for a home game really. Then I can start doing sums to work out how far off L5 I am if I continue to "camp" in Div III.

Exciting times. well maybe "exciting" would be a better way to put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Stadium upgrades coming on 25 Sept. I'm getting 7,500 attendance for cup games against Bots, but fan contentment levels are blissful at the moment. Shuold have a more realistic idea of where I'm at mid way thru the season after getting my ass kicked in Div II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Upgraded my stadium to a 13500 and it opened just at the end of last season, Level 5's on the way also. I am strongly considering moving abroad at the end of next season after I win the World Cup, a few seasons in Canada could be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Phonehead wrote: »
    Upgraded my stadium to a 13500 and it opened just at the end of last season, Level 5's on the way also. I am strongly considering moving abroad at the end of next season after I win the World Cup, a few seasons in Canada could be nice

Do all your members move with you, or how does that work

Phonehead wrote: »

Was considering the same myself actually, except, not with Canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Everything comes with you. The time difference is really taking away from my enjoyment so that's why Canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Its all going pear shaped for me so far, im TNT and still losing 17-0 :( and whats worse is that i have a better team and was hoping for the bonus point win:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Its all going pear shaped for me so far, im TNT and still losing 17-0 :( and whats worse is that i have a better team and was hoping for the bonus point win:P

:eek: They just scored a length of the pitch try right at the death to win it 24-22:(

bossa_nova wrote: »
    :eek: They just scored a length of the pitch try right at the death to win it 24-22:(

Ugh, i hate when things like that happen... to me.

Won 47-0 today. Only 6 points conceded in 3 games. Will prob concede a decent amount in weeks 7,8&9 though.. but i'll take 6 weeks with <20 conceded! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Jesus its been a tough few weeks in the league.. Playing against 3 teams that can easily, and have easily beaten me...

Not sure what to do this week though... I got Moonshine warriors in the cup, a Div 4 team that I could, and probably should beat, but I may need to LTNT it just to be sure.

Though I also have Braybarians in the league on Saturday who I really think I could take, if I had a relatively fit squad...

What to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Not sure what I'd do Satory, you need to bear in mind losing a cup game "against the odds" kills your contentment massively. Need to be careful there. How big is your squad? Maybe rotate a few players out for the cup game and LTNT?

I've only got a smallish squad, with 25 players, Will probably have to do that, and but It will mean 2 LTNTs in a week.

Might see whats on the TM on the cheap in an effort to try and rest a few more first teamers...

As long as you're plenty tired on Thursday :p

Zagato wrote: »
    As long as you're plenty tired on Thursday :p

Damn you!!!!

Now I'm going to have work out how to get 3 wins out of 4 this week ;)

Just got a new back today, I think he would make a good scrum-half, but he's never played there before. He's got better handling, agility, and technique than my current scrum-half. The question is I've a big cup game tomorrow (which I will surely lose) but don't want to make a fool of myself. Should I chance my new guy for his first game at scrum-half, our just leave him at his usual wing position (where I have reasonable players already)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Just got a new back today, I think he would make a good scrum-half, but he's never played there before. He's got better handling, agility, and technique than my current scrum-half. The question is I've a big cup game tomorrow (which I will surely lose) but don't want to make a fool of myself. Should I chance my new guy for his first game at scrum-half, our just leave him at his usual wing position (where I have reasonable players already)?

Sure throw him in at scrumhalf and see how he gets on! What's his form like? I recently tried a lad that was destined to serve out his life in my 2nds, the fecker somehow played one match and is suddenly one of the top attackers in the league. Madness. I blame it all on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

il play him a scrum half you'll fine alot of people put handling and agility down as the two most important attributes

edit: if anyone wants a good laugh i got ruff for my cup game tomorrow, heres to getting beat more than i would beat a bot

• Advertisement

seanand wrote: »
    il play him a scrum half you'll fine alot of people put handling and agility down as the two most important attributes

edit: if anyone wants a good laugh i got ruff for my cup game tomorrow, heres to getting beat more than i would beat a bot

Just do something crazy, he'll never expect it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Yeah I'm in for a bit of a hiding tmw if he goes for it. hoping for an intensity mismatch and maybe have a chance. also might throw around some crazy tactics! :D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Just do something crazy, he'll never expect it!

would love to forfeit the match could use the energy for sat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

ugh, everytime I score a try to close gap, they score again to widen. cup run over now.

Now to get squad recovery in motion and start knocking the league out of the park!:rolleyes:

15 points down... Changed too many players..

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Something kinda sadistic about watching your team get beaten 73 - 0. Can't keep my eyes off it. One score and I'd be happy. :D:D

I felt bad for the newbie my 2nds destroyed... until I realised he had a tiny stadium and I'd gets no cash. Blub blub blub

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Something kinda sadistic about watching your team get beaten 73 - 0. Can't keep my eyes off it. One score and I'd be happy. :D:D

lost 101 nil not too bad i guess. over a hundred k in profit lvl4 defense trainer hired boooooom:D

Darkside in the next round of the cup?! AH FOR F*CKSAKE! Now the eternal dilemma...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Made it to round 5 but have Cheinster.. Def going to lose that one

Advertisement