Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 13! Lucky for some ..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Another round for me too... have Fingal Bears and his top player by a mile is dead on his feet. Here's hoping :D

btw any hints will be much appreciated!

Ah, Fingal Bears, my current nemesis...

The Jacks floats around these parts... so everyone watch what they say

(Tactics on the way ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

My brother has East coast tinders in the next round...

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    My brother has East coast tinders in the next round...

Another boardsie eh? It's getting real.

Possibly the makings of an epic Ireland v Oz style victory here for the Death Squad. Playing against Titans, originally marked as the lay-down-and-die team in the league, saw they were on terrible energy and decided on a last minute tactical turnaround... 16-10 at the moment.
    While they're probably 100k csr better to a man than my lads and can probably run in tries in a few minutes of play, I'm holding them off so far. I can only hope that their energy breaks them down in the 2nd half and I can secure a win. :cool:

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Possibly the makings of an epic Ireland v Oz style victory here for the Death Squad.

My out half is having a Jonny Sexton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Have turned a 17-6 half time deficit into a 17-20 lead with 20 mins to go.... nervous last quarter now!

Missed 5 penalties, knocked ball on over the line they picked up and ran the pitch. Not my day, lost 22-13

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Missed 5 penalties, knocked ball on over the line they picked up and ran the pitch. Not my day, lost 22-13

I'd the opposite. 33-15 was the end score, and though I was camped on their try line for most of the game, I only got two over the line. The rest was all down to my kicker... which I'm quite happy about as he was a last minute addition. I had my team set, then noticed the kicker off my 2nds was on reputable form, so I threw him in, sacrificing better attack for his form.
    Raging I didn't get the 5 points, but I started hoping for a bonus point loss, then a close win, so to deny them any points is great.

Finished with a 3 try 8 point win, so while no bonus point I've denied him his. Very pleased cos it was mostly my seconds, albeit LTNT. Cup match now on Wednesday with most of my firsts with decent energy levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I'm wondering if I should make a push for Division 1 :p

5 out of 5 this season, and riding high !!

Just waiting for the wheels to come off :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jprender wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I should make a push for Division 1 :p

5 out of 5 this season, and riding high !!

Just waiting for the wheels to come off :rolleyes:

Saw that alright. Very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

got my first win in div iii and hoping to win 2 in the next 2 games aswell to keep me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Drew 23-23 in my first competitive game of league this season, having only played Bots before this
    Upto 3rd now, behind team i drew with today on points diff and 2 points behind Something Else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Ugh completely forgot about my tactics for saturday. Both of us top 2 in league undefeated, didnt play with full starting team and played wnwim vs his normal. Lost 20-31 so clearly was there for the taking.

Sneaking suspicion I got my intentsity wrong tonight, just hope my advantage in stamina is enough.

7-7 at half time, resulting in a 35-24 win... have now equalled my best ever cup run. Now to see who's up next, fingers crossed!

Well crossing my fingers didn't do any good... in for another mauling at the hands of the Bears. Oh well, bye bye cup run!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Going to go mental at the new "pulling off the gas" in the ME.

Was 35 nil up after 45minutes. now 71 minutes gone and its 35-28.

F&cking joke. he had a half star on me in stamina but his two best players have gone off and on average i'd say im about 15k CSR a man better than him as well as having higher energy going in.

Edit: Phew. last minute try seals the win for me. My rant still stands though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ormond in next round. A lot of higher CSR players than mine. reckon it could be the end of the line for me...:-(

Sneaking suspicion I got my intentsity wrong tonight, just hope my advantage in stamina is enough.

7-7 at half time, resulting in a 35-24 win... have now equalled my best ever cup run. Now to see who's up next, fingers crossed!

Well crossing my fingers didn't do any good... in for another mauling at the hands of the Bears. Oh well, bye bye cup run!

Oh, looks like I didn't need to send you those tactics afterall! :)

And I'm smiling because I forgot to send them! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Lost 39-7. not too bad considering i was playing a division 1 team, only problem i have is 3 of my best players got injured in the game and out of my next few games:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Through to the last 16 :)

and playing the team that's winning the first division :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

FRF won through too (with my B team)...and got drawn against GufinGolfini - anybody know them?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

there amletos team in my division. theres first team is fairly knackered but seeing as iv just being beating into a pulp by them i wont give you any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

daheff wrote: »
    FRF won through too (with my B team)...and got drawn against GufinGolfini - anybody know them?

Yeah they beat me in the last round.:mad: Wasn't expecting the LTNT from them but lucky for you they've **** energy levels now. You can take them but don't be surprised if they LTNT again. Target their ruck if discipline allows it and win your lineouts (i lost 8 and it cost me the game).

thanks Seanad & Corny

i saw their energy is really low...only prob is i'm playing the best 2 teams in my league next 2 weeks..so i might need to hold onto my energy for them...or play a B team Ltnt..

decisions :cool:

well i LTNT'd him

was winning 14-6 at half time :)

it went 21-21 at full time...and he beat me 26-21 in extra time :(

damn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I only lost 93-3

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

daheff wrote: »
    well i LTNT'd him

was winning 14-6 at half time :)

it went 21-21 at full time...and he beat me 26-21 in extra time :(

damn

21-11 with 10 minutes to go too.

You were gangstered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

corny wrote: »
    21-11 with 10 minutes to go too.

You were gangstered!

Is this part of the new 'improved' match engine of teams easing off? since he had superior energy going in I doubt it was that his team ran out of puff and the opposition then ran in some scores.

really hate that change. it's bollox tbh.

Same deal for tomorrow Satory?

• Advertisement

I'll set in the tactics at like 10am tomorrow Satory, hopefully you'll see this, and we'll stick to what we do, if you don't see this by 10am, i'ma go 'normal'.

Advertisement