Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 13! Lucky for some ..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

@Voodoo yeah sorry, I had to head home this weekend as my mother was taken into to hospital so I didn't get a chance to read here, and reply.(Shes okay now though...)

I don't mind you going normal there on Saturday, I wouldn't of won anyways ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Glad she's ok Satory!! from now on, i'll preset it in at the start of the season for those games, and stick with it regardless!

Ah you never know!The games are getting tighter and tighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

eoferrall wrote: »
    Is this part of the new 'improved' match engine of teams easing off? since he had superior energy going in I doubt it was that his team ran out of puff and the opposition then ran in some scores.

really hate that change. it's bollox tbh.

I dont think the TTFOTG comes into it until a team gets 21 points ahead, thats a guess but its what i've observed combined with Jeremy stating that he wanted to start it at 14 points... 2 converted tries upped to 3 converted tries to reduce the impact a little...14 may have been used in the trials

Won today.

Knights RFC went bot, so that's a top 4 finish for Satory and I(touch wood).

Shame though, i liked playing them, was always a great game!

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Won today.

Knights RFC went bot, so that's a top 4 finish for Satory and I(touch wood).

Shame though, i liked playing them, was always a great game!

Only top 4? voodoo man, your selling yourself short.... I have plans for finishing 3rd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Alright lads. Don't use Boards too often but said i'd introduce myself. As a clue, Satory, I'm playing you this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Alright lads. Don't use Boards too often but said i'd introduce myself. As a clue, Satory, I'm playing you this weekend.

Ahoy ahoy. Introduce yourself in the sticky above if ya want, and feel free to sign-up for the boards.ie league, should be finishing in the next few weeks so the new one will be ready to roll.

Okay... Good to meet you..

Just to let you know I wouldn't mind if you went WNWIM for the game this Saturday ;)

satory wrote: »

Just to let you know I wouldn't mind if you went WNWIM for the game this Saturday ;)

Grand, no problem :D

Only top 4? voodoo man, your selling yourself short.... I have plans for finishing 3rd...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The manager of the Braybarians logged in today.... He only needed to stay away another week :(

Well it looks like I got to settle for a top 4 place this season..

• Advertisement

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The manager of the Braybarians logged in today.... He only needed to stay away another week :(

Well it looks like I got to settle for a top 4 place this season..

He's renowned for underestimating weaker teams.

... mostly because I keep spreading the rumour. :D

Actually looking at that score line, next time could you play your 3rds, as well?

Thought I might of gotten more out of that match...

Got the win today, still in 3rd.

Got a nice win today against the 5th placed team. Effectively means it's near impossible for me not to be in the play-offs as he'd have to get a win with a bonus point in every remaining match while I get zero wins... and I've a weak team next while he has a toughie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

got an important win today to get a play-off spot, pretty sure i'll get one now given that i have an easier run in of games, my league is so tight, 1st place is well and truly sealed, but 2nd and 3rd are on 33 points with 4th and 5th on 32 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

bossa_nova wrote: »
    got an important win today to get a play-off spot, pretty sure i'll get one now given that i have an easier run in of games, my league is so tight, 1st place is well and truly sealed, but 2nd and 3rd are on 33 points with 4th and 5th on 32 :eek:

It's tight alright but you do have a handy run in and should comfortably win 3 out of your last 4. I could do the same but have two matches which could go either way, at least I'm at home for both of them so hopefully that will help. Do tend to agree that the league is already sown up.

Actually looking at that score line, next time could you play your 3rds, as well?

Thought I might of gotten more out of that match...

I only WNWIM'd because I thought you were doing the same. Just as well I got the result sure ;)

Anyone any ideas how to take down Braybarians? He doesn't change his tactics much but I'm useless at analysing them.

I only WNWIM'd because I thought you were doing the same. Just as well I got the result sure ;)

Anyone any ideas how to take down Braybarians? He doesn't change his tactics much but I'm useless at analysing them.

I was nearly sure I remember reading a WNWIM agreement being put in place! :eek:

Braybarians, as I keep saying, tend to be pretty easy to take down if you're weaker than them. Mad hoors for underestimating a team.
    Don't have the exact tactics I used to use, but I think it involved a high percentage of driving and MoM. Remember them being vulnerable in the pack.

Yeah I was only messing about wanting you to go WNWIM, hence the wink...

No idea about Braybarians, I was putting a lot of hope in them going Bot before then. If I get a chance I'll have a look and see what I can come up with, especially since I play them the following week...

Okaly dokaly just found out that where I left of in the development of the scouting tool is further on than what I though it was... Only though I had the Driving tactics done.

From what I have been able to work out with what I got working he played in the last match, predominately Pick and Go'ing, and Driving. I don't have the creative fully working but I have seen that he doesn't play too expansive. If I get more of this working by Saturday I'll pm you the rest of what I find...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

You could do battai and keep of the grass for me if you want! :p

Beaman might see this... but I will ban him if he tries to stop me!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Haha that sentence would be quite funny for a non br player!

ajeffares wrote: »
    Haha that sentence would be quite funny for a non br player!

NEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDS

Is probably what I would say. Yiz rugby sim nerds yiz.

Beaman might see this... but I will ban him if he tries to stop me!:cool:

Ive sent a question to Jeremy about the creative tactics, and hopefully I should have that answered late on. When I have the answer, and have updated the code I'll pm you what I find out. Just remember though that what every I tell you, might be wrong, I haven't done extensive testing yet, though I do believe that the results should be a lot closer to reality than what I was getting a year ago with the last attempt at this...

Ive sent a question to Jeremy about the creative tactics, and hopefully I should have that answered late on. When I have the answer, and have updated the code I'll pm you what I find out. Just remember though that what every I tell you, might be wrong, I haven't done extensive testing yet, though I do believe that the results should be a lot closer to reality than what I was getting a year ago with the last attempt at this...

Good man, well i'll be doing my own analysis also for the playoffs as I will likely be playing then both. Giving this qualification lark my best shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Just promoted this guy from the academy, worth holding onto or should I sell him on. To me he looks like he will be a good full back but im still learning this

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10986278

Weight 92kg
    Height 196cm
    Joined 5 Nov 2011 12:11am
    Birthday Round 11, Day 6

Jersey
    Left handed, left footed, in average form .
    An aggressive player with collected discipline, limited leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Energy: Perfect %
    Stamina: 6 Handling: 8
    Attack: 5 Defense: 9
    Technique: 6 Strength: 5
    Jumping: 9 Speed: 8
    Agility: 6 Kicking: 9

Looks to me like he could slot straight into your team after a very quick look? if so I would train and play him. now is not the time to be selling unless you can't use them at all. you'll get more at the start of the season.

I would only sell now if I was not going to use him at all, as keeping him in squad paying several weeks wages means you'd have to make minimal20/30k more than you would now. possible but not always the case.

I'd keep him. Train the crap out of his attack and stamina, among other things. But 9 kicking at age 17 is a good sign, and he's already got pace while being a big lad. You might be able to use him as a crash-ball first centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

So, who's coming up for a bit of fun in Division 2 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

jprender wrote: »
    So, who's coming up for a bit of fun in Division 2 ?
    i am :p

Advertisement