Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 13! Lucky for some ..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    So, who's coming up for a bit of fun in Division 2 ?

Me me me!! (starts praying he takes 1st place so only plays one of KOTG and Battai!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

jprender wrote: »
    So, who's coming up for a bit of fun in Division 2 ?

Hopefully I'll be staying up! I think I'll be able to stay out of the bottom two but it's looking like 3rd last will be where I stay

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Just wondering if anyone has/or is considering moving abroad come week 16 for a season or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Funnily enough, I had mailed Jeremy about this, chances are i'll be going overseas for 3 seasons, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i was thinking about it but looks like im staying up and i like training an u20 for ireland

• Advertisement

Oh, I'm not in any fear of the drop, I have just been stuck in the same league for a few years now, and it will be a while before I can realistically challenge for promotion.

I'll still be training my U20 prospect, and will hopefully take part in other UTP's as time goes on...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

satory wrote: »
    Oh, I'm not in any fear of the drop, I have just been stuck in the same league for a few years now, and it will be a while before I can realistically challenge for promotion.

I'll still be training my U20 prospect, and will hopefully take part in other UTP's as time goes on...

What's the cost to your team of moving away?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Fewcifur wrote: »

your soul! :eek:

I need to look into it properly, maybe Voodoo might know more, but without looking I don't think there is a actual cost to your team, I think I remembered that they removed that.

It still is a personal 30-odd euro cost though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Wait till xmas promo ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I have been training my u20 prospect and his energy levels are dropping drastically. I play each game WNWIM but yet he still is only fit at the best of times. Should I be resting him in order to get the most out of him in the future?

Trippie wrote: »
    I have been training my u20 prospect and his energy levels are dropping drastically. I play each game WNWIM but yet he still is only fit at the best of times. Should I be resting him in order to get the most out of him in the future?

nah train the bolllix off him, he'll be grand only play him in league matches if he's wrecked all the time. gets more ingame from league than mondays

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

I train my prospects into the ground. I have L5 Stamina coach and like to get Stamina into double figures quick enough. I don't really mind if they're not fully fit for the club, want them rearing to go for the NT.

Playing Braybarians this weekend, in two minds over this one.

1 - I hit them with everything I've got including a fwew tactical changes, I reckon I could beat him
    2 - I WNWIM and hope to lull him into a false sense of security for the playoffs, taking a hit in rankings/members happiness. I thought I could get away with this last season but my Normal lost to Monkstowns LTNT in the semi.

id wnwnm as long as it has no affect in placing in the playoffs and your pretty secure in the playoffs as the extra energy will help

I'd go all out for him...

I did last week and came within 20odd points of him... Granted my energy levels were shot, and maybe I could of gotten closer if my players we fitter.

Though your team is a lot better than mine, and you'd have a better chance.. Also Monkstown came within 7 points of him earlier in the season.

I've been stung before come the playoffs by believing I might get a win, and even sacrificed league games in order to improve my teams fitness for the playoffs, and so if I were you, I'd look to ensure the easiest draw possible...

MilfordBud wrote: »
    I train my prospects into the ground. I have L5 Stamina coach and like to get Stamina into double figures quick enough. I don't really mind if they're not fully fit for the club, want them rearing to go for the NT.

Playing Braybarians this weekend, in two minds over this one.

1 - I hit them with everything I've got including a fwew tactical changes, I reckon I could beat him
    2 - I WNWIM and hope to lull him into a false sense of security for the playoffs, taking a hit in rankings/members happiness. I thought I could get away with this last season but my Normal lost to Monkstowns LTNT in the semi.

I'd put out your seconds at normal or TNT. Certainly let him think he has you. He's a good manager when he needs to be, but he's also way to complacent at times (as I keep saying, and he never learns :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

So This is my season defining match..

Im up against Gladbach today, they ly in 6th place im in 7th, their 1 point ahead of me..

Ive home advantage, but they have 1 star more then me in in ratings (43.5 to 42.5) they have half a star more then me in Stamina, even thou their players have alot less stamina available then my guys, so i hope the match engine takes that into consideration..

Would be massive for me to survive and finish 6th in my first Div 3 season..

hard luck today thejims, tough break looks very close in the stars. iv survived so far this season hopefully il get an easy game in the playoffs

Had a very close win today, 1 point (25-24) Keeps me still in 4th in my league 5 points above 5th place....

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Bah humbug...

• Advertisement

TheJims wrote: »
    Bah humbug...

Don't feel too bad, staying up in Div 3 on your first attempt is rarer than not. It's just the difference between being too good for Div IV and being good enough for Div III. You'll come back next season with a stronger team and be able to hold your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Having a superb season, Six nations wrapped up and now it's time to dream of world cup victory. My club though are going back to Div 3

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

I'd put out your seconds at normal or TNT. Certainly let him think he has you. He's a good manager when he needs to be, but he's also way to complacent at times (as I keep saying, and he never learns :P )

TNT'd with a tweaked version of my first against a WNWIM from him. Won 23-14. Contentment shout up by 17 points! Happy enough. Can WNWIM now until the playoffs.

Phonehead wrote: »
    Having a superb season, Six nations wrapped up and now it's time to dream of world cup victory. My club though are going back to Div 3

was on the off site for the first time in ages there and caught up on the international stuff. good work on that front Wex. but your club really have suffered from the lack of time to focus on them (understandably), but I am sure you will storm back once pass on the NT manager duties!

is phonehead wex?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

seanand wrote: »
    is phonehead wex?

yes

is phonehead wex?

:eek: Suddenly the curtain is removed! :eek:

:eek: Suddenly the curtain is removed! :eek:

but is there not a phonehead going around ireland somewhere?

Innnnnteresting...

• Advertisement

going around ireland? as in traveling?

Advertisement