Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 13! Lucky for some ..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

@ Voodoo,

I'm 99% moving to Hong Kong next season, as I try and spice things up, and also I intend to be in China this time next year so I am getting a head start in their league...

So how about going all for it, and removing the agreement if we meet in the playoffs?

This might be the last time we play each other in a league "setting" for a while, and I would like to give it my best shot if I get a chance....

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Hey Voodoo, if you want to go handy on the semi that's ok by me! One of us can get a full crack off Braybarians that way.

Also, a question re promotion I've got a 3 point higher ranking than Braybarians. If I win a semi and a final I'd imagine that my ranking would be above the auto promote line. Any one able to work that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

3 pops. Hate days like today. :-(

crisco10 wrote: »
    3 pops. Hate days like today. :-(

I had a productive day, 3 Pops for just my UTP alone... also 8 others :)

satory wrote: »
    I had a productive day, 3 Pops for just my UTP alone... also 8 others :)

your day will come. I had a similar week last week. 9 pops, 4 for my two UTPs. Down to just the 1 UTP pop this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

satory wrote: »
    @ Voodoo,

I'm 99% moving to Hong Kong next season, as I try and spice things up, and also I intend to be in China this time next year so I am getting a head start in their league...

So how about going all for it, and removing the agreement if we meet in the playoffs?

This might be the last time we play each other in a league "setting" for a while, and I would like to give it my best shot if I get a chance....

Ah sure why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

just found out that the guy (Maikel Naits http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/me.lobby.php?id=26588#page=summary&id=26588) I'm playing in the semi final is due to go bot 2moro

he's beaten me in the league twice this season, so would think (as he's home advantage) that he'll beat me in the playoffs. only consolation is that at least i know he wont TNT me

talk about bad timing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

daheff wrote: »
    just found out that the guy (Maikel Naits http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/me.lobby.php?id=26588#page=summary&id=26588) I'm playing in the semi final is due to go bot 2moro

he's beaten me in the league twice this season, so would think (as he's home advantage) that he'll beat me in the playoffs. only consolation is that at least i know he wont TNT me

Kick in the bollox alright! Home advantage is increased in the playoffs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

That is damn unlucky - that is some prize money going to waste that you could have instead for coming 1st/2nd instead of 3/4th.

maybe you will get past him this time? 3rd time a charm!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

The form of my players has been plummeting over the last 2 weeks. My opposition has an advantage of one level of form for every player. It really makes this playoff game very difficult now. :mad:

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    That is damn unlucky - that is some prize money going to waste that you could have instead for coming 1st/2nd instead of 3/4th.

maybe you will get past him this time? 3rd time a charm!:)

I dont suppose i could appeal to Jeremy's better nature and get a bye if this guy goes bot?

I dont suppose i could appeal to Jeremy's better nature and get a bye if this guy goes bot?

Worth a shot alright - I was going to mention it but decided against mentioning it.

If was me I would mail him. he helped me out before when I closed facilities by mistake he reinstated them so I wouldn't have to pay again and wait.

give it a shot anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Taking a chance to maximise chances in winning the league.

I tnt'd the last round in order to top the group and get the 4th placed team who have tnt'd most games this season and are shot for energy. So playing normal with a mix of 1sts and 2nds tonight which unless I've completely misjudged should be more than enough.

Than it will most likely be Vitamen G at home in the final where unfortunately I'll probably still be beaten but here's hoping!

Edit: well ahead in the stars for tonight, probably should have rested more or taken it easier but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Extremely close semi final coming up against Gerryhattrick. He hasnt logged in since start of month so i knew he'd only be normal. Took the chance with LTNT and theres nothing in it. Pity im gonna miss the actual game, gonna be chewing the fingernails off while im out!

s13playoff.jpg

I have 2.5 stars on him. Its going to be close!!!

Although 1.5 stars are handling, the others from attack. a few half stars here and there otherwise....

Edit: Hat trick from my 12 puts me 22-0 up after 22 minutes. Better stop scoring lest I take my foot off the gas and get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Fuppin' hell! Was tied for stars with Blindside, and at half time it's Blindside 3, CSD 6.

I'm dominating him in the stats, but he's got a load of 100k plus guys on his team, it only takes one tasty creative play to break the try stalemate. Going to be verrrry interesting, he was tipped as the league winner. I've already had two big injuries to two of my best ball carriers, so I just hope the replacements have the right stuff.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Fuppin' hell! Was tied for stars with Blindside, and at half time it's Blindside 3, CSD 6.

I'm dominating him in the stats, but he's got a load of 100k plus guys on his team, it only takes one tasty creative play to break the try stalemate. Going to be verrrry interesting, he was tipped as the league winner. I've already had two big injuries to two of my best ball carriers, so I just hope the replacements have the right stuff.

close for me too.... nah not really 37-3 on normal for me with mostly 2nds happy days!

Just secured the BP.lol

31-0. this is a team I have never beaten before, I'm assuming he went normal...but still happy days.

Getting DOMINATED.... 52-5 at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Playing the final against the team i have lost to 3 times since the semi final last season. I have always wnwim him though so expecting a better result this time. Not good enough to win a playoff so will just lock up the league and hope my youths improve enough for next year and promotion

• Advertisement

Playing a team I at best drew with this season with TNT against his WNWIM. He WNWIM his semi, I LTNT'ed mine. So will just take 2nd place thank you, give some youngsters good IGT on saturday.

Was my goal at the start of the season so can't complain really.

I won my game...phew...my TNT vs his normal gave me a fairly easy win in the end 54-22....makes me wonder if i could possibly have taken him @ normal

ah well...gotta be happy i made the final again this season (even though I fluked a win against the same opposition in the semi-final last year! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Won 50 -14 against the only none bot left. So can WNWIM for the final :D:D:D:D
    Back to Div III can't feck it up this time hopefully:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Delighted won a close fought game away from home 14-20. Div 2 final how sweet. Gonna get pummeled in final though as have no energy left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I've got a decent chance in the final I think. Could go either way, maybe home advantage for my opposition will be too much for me :(

IF I do win, I think that the exchange in points will just about see me jump above the auto-promote line for DIV 1 :D

Now that's a scary thought :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Games went as predicted with a final between Grubber and Vitamen G. Unfortunately think this one will be a loss at the moment but there's still a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

close for me too.... nah not really 37-3 on normal for me with mostly 2nds happy days!

End score was 13 - 9 to Blindside. Damn. As predicted, one try was all it took to F me in the A.
    Also, for some reason I had 4 injuries and he had 0. Most of my guys were on perfect health and we both LTNTed. Dunno why the ME was so lopsided re: injuries.

Fewcifur wrote: »

End score was 13 - 9 to Blindside. Damn. As predicted, one try was all it took to F me in the A.
    Also, for some reason I had 4 injuries and he had 0. Most of my guys were on perfect health and we both LTNTed. Dunno why the ME was so lopsided re: injuries.

Would pressure have an impact on injuries I wonder? For instance if your team was under more pressure but hanging in would you be more susceptible to injuries. Just a thought. Maybe tackle count, is there a difference there? Be interesting to look into alright if one had time to figure the triggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Was surprised at the handy win i had 50-7:eek: we both went LTNT and have similar csr rating, maybe mine a lil better overall, i know his team were a lil tired but didnt think id put 43 points between us:D not looking forward to being crushed in the final tho:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

won my semi on normal against normal 47-3, so surprised i wasnt LTNTd.
    In the final the opposition has the greater CSR but nearly all his best players have no energy, hopefully i can take him and get to div 3

Advertisement