Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No refund 'Substantial alterantion of the event'

Options
  • 15-08-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Im having an issue with a concert & concert promoter with regards to a refund.

The event was scheduled for july but was changed to september from the midlands to another venue in another county much further than the original venue.

The tickets are early bird tickets,cost €40 each and have the original date & venue on them.

Condition number 1 on the back of the ticket states
    'No refunds other than cancellation or substantial alteration of the event'

Is this not substantial alteration to the concert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Certainly sounds like it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah I agree, looks like they should admit it a different thing altogether. Have you asked for the refund in writing as apposed to over the phone / e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Thanks for the replies.

I havent written to the promoter as of yet,Im finding it hard to find a postal address for the company.

I will post any updates on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,999 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

barryd09 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

I havent written to the promoter as of yet,Im finding it hard to find a postal address for the company.

I will post any updates on this.

Did you buy direct from the promoter or a shop/agent? If from a shop/agent I'd bring it back to them.

i bought the tickets from someone involved in the concert,involved as in hes playing at the festival in exchange for selling tickets.

hes already paid over the money for his allocation of tickets to the actual promoters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

This is important... did your contact sell the tickets as a direct agent of the promoter/ticketing agent, or did he buy a block of tickets and sell them on himself? If the latter then he is your ticketing agent and it's him, not the promoter, you should be chasing.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    This is important... did your contact sell the tickets as a direct agent of the promoter/ticketing agent, or did he buy a block of tickets and sell them on himself? If the latter then he is your ticketing agent and it's him, not the promoter, you should be chasing.

As far as I am aware my contact was given tickets to sell in return for a slot.
    He hasnt bought any tickets,hes just sold them and passed the money for them on.

Advertisement