Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for City Conference Venue for 300 people

Options
  • 15-08-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi my sister is looking for a venue for a conference,which would:
    • hold 300/400 people
    • preferably not a hotel (to cut down on catering cost)
    • Anywhere in the city (but would prefer northside)
    Conference centre out of her budget.

Any suggestions very welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

I'm booked to attend a conference next month at the Chartered Accountants place on Pearse St... might be a wee bit small for this event though

The CCD is very expensive (got a quote for another event....)

You might also want to try the RDS conference centre - People think its a massive venue but they have rooms to accommodate all kind of numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

DCU have several lecture halls that are rented out as conference rooms. The largest, IIRC, seats 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

croke park can be used for conferences of various sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Croke Park is good,

The attendees will love it and the pricing is competitive, you'll get a better deal then many hotels.

Of course, most everything is negotiable and they expect you to haggle so haggle as best as she can

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Aviva Stadium could probably cater for a conference of that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

Brilliant suggestions thanks. Hadn't even thought of nearly all of the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm booked to attend a conference next month at the Chartered Accountants place on Pearse St... might be a wee bit small for this event though

I know the layout there, 400 would be okay in the lower floor, possibly the other main floor too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

The Guinness Storehouse have loads of these types of rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

+1 for Croke Park, have been at a conference there, good venue.

The RDS have loads of room for different size conference too - good for parallel sessions. UCD is another good spot - O'Reilly Hall would be perfect for 300 people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement