Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pan Pipes Group in the Square

• 15-08-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

You remember the indian? pan pipe band that used to play a lot in John Roberts Square. Haven't seen them there for ages.

Think there was one or two of them up in KK for the arts festival.

Anyone know there name or where I could get a cd of their music if they have one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

i remember them, haven't seen them in a while either now that you mention it. They are faily good though. They have all the Peruvian (or whatever) get-up and everything. Very authentic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

My mother has a CD of that music. Not sure if it's the lads who were in Red Square though, but the group is called Wayra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Jubo

I saw them the Sunday before last in the main street in Kilkenny. Had a little crowd around them. Lovely relaxing music.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

My mother has a CD of that music. Not sure if it's the lads who were in Red Square though, but the group is called Wayra.

Thanks for that sounds very like them all right. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/wayra9

Want to get the tracks that they played when in the square, heads back to google.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Are these the lads who used to play "My Heart Will Go On" and a handful of other tracks over and over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Jaysus, I hope they come back or we'll be overrun by giant rodents... :o

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic_(South_Park)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

These guys are back on the square now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

It seems those lads tour the country, they're up in Galway regular enough. Fking sick of them. One lad playing the pipes, and a genny, PA and backign track doing the rest, while three or four others hand around.

GTFO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Sully wrote: »
    These guys are back on the square now. :)

Anyone see them round now, would love to know if they have a cd, can't find anything on google/youtube.:(:(

There backing tracks really complimented the pan pipes and the flute or versa visa:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Anyone who thinks this music is "good" should have their ear drums removed for abuse of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

O Riain wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks this music is "good" should have their ear drums removed for abuse of them.

It has the potential to be good, but I just find these lads annoying.

Advertisement