Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maverick Sabre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

yeah - aka Michael Stafford ??
    anyone with more info

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

I dont know him myself personally........... but yes its true he did grow up in ross, he moved over from england when he was young, a few friends of mine were friends with him. fair play to him anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

No way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

LOL @ de big Charleton Hill head on him...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

yeah, he moved over here when like 2 years old or there abouts.

He grew up in Ross alright. His family live just down from me. Friend of mine went to school with him in primary.

His dad is also very musical, his name is Victor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Fair play to him, music is not bad, i wonder would he be interested in doing a few songs at the Dunbrody Festival next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Vtec On The Brain

Went to school with him. Haven't spoken to him in about 3 years. I didn't even know he was Maverick Sabre until a few months ago.. Sound enough guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Maverick was in new ross today shooting for a new video of his, down in nevill street and the 3 bullet gate anyone see him ??

Maverick was in new ross today shooting for a new video of his, down in nevill street and the 3 bullet gate anyone see him ??

yeah, friend of mine was in the background watering flowers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

just saw the new video the other day! some scenes from Enniscorthy too. Don't know why he is walking through the cattle mart car park but seemingly Ned Kavanagh (the mechanic) is friend of his family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kickitlong

Another great Good Counsel College graduate to go along with the likes of Dermot Desmond, Aidan O'Brien and Kevin Doyle.

kickitlong wrote: »
    Another great Good Counsel College graduate to go along with the likes of Dermot Desmond, Aidan O'Brien and Kevin Doyle.

and Ledger of course....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

His cover of Fairytale Of New York is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ledger wrote: »

He grew up in Ross alright. His family live just down from me. Friend of mine went to school with him in primary.

Victor of the Century Radio Victor? or of the Stafford Shipping empire?

I like his work, it's different

What part of ross is he from?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

He's from Castlemoyle, up near enough to Kelly's filling station.

Sound lad. Was 3 years ahead of me in school, went out with my friends' sister for I'd say 2-3 years. He played the lead in the school musical when I was in 2nd year and he was in 5th - fairly different stuff to what he's singing now!!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ledger wrote: »

Victor of the Century Radio Victor? or of the Stafford Shipping empire?

I like his work, it's different

What part of ross is he from?

Well definitely not *waterford shipping ha

Never heard of century radio. He is/was a trad musician.

EDIT: Stafford haha not waterford. I was on my phone when i posted that. bloody autocorrect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

The radio magnate and shipping magnate mentioned above are cousins , but not related to the Maverick Sabre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

he was in Waterford out and about St Stephens night... really nice guy, self and the misses went up to him, gentleman it must be said

• Advertisement
Advertisement