Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old viewing card into sky box

• 15-08-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭

have a sky+ box in the bedroom that i just use for the fta channels,now i want to receive all the channels i have on the downstairs box therefore adding another multiroom sub. i have an old viewing card spare from a previous installation of sky a couple of years back,can i phone sky and ask them to pair this card to the box or will they insist on sending out a new viewing card??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

If its a blue card then you cant use it, if it was a card that was previously used in a different box then they will probably not allow you to use it.

You will then need to hook both boxes upto an active phoneline to activate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

If it's a White card that was already in your name then there should be no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

its a white card. phone line wont be a problem as there is one close by. just dont want to phone sky and be giving the runaround for 20 mins and then told i cant do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Only way you'll find out for sure is to ring them, no amount of speculating here will change that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

the card was in my mothers name. ill phone them when i get a spare hour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement