Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shellac

Options
  • 15-08-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Anyone know of any offers around at the moment? Off on hols shortly and a couple of my toe nails are black - joys of running and not the most attractive :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 galwaygirls1

try Purejoy mainguard st galway city they may have offer on. or try online livingsocial.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

try Purejoy mainguard st galway city they may have offer on. or try online livingsocial.ie

Nothing on Living Social or Smart Search, will have a look at Purejoy.

ETA €50 for hands and feet at Purejoy - definitely too rich for me, looking for more cheap and cheerful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I contacted this girl from the old thread on here - Alainn Professional - €20 so hoping to try it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GalwayGirl1975

a friend of mine used living social to get her nails done in Galway recently - two days later, her nails were in bits - inferior product was obviously used since she was on a voucher - so dumb of the business to do this - she'll never go back and has put all of us (her friends) off as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tiernel

Hi guys,

I heard a lot about this Shellac stuff and I'm going abroad tomorrow so I decided to get it done on fingers and toes....

I got it done three days ago and already the shellac has completely chipped off two toes and one finger nail. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen but I thought that Shellac was supposed to be resilient against that sort of thing.

The girl who did it showed me the CND products n she even had the CND UV lamp.

Just wondering if the girl who did it is just rubbish or has anyone else had a similar experience with the stuff as I'm not too impressed after the money I paid for it!!
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

You may be interested in this: http://livingsocial.com/deals/106039-two-week-nubar-gelicure-manicure A girl I work with has this Gelicure (same as Shellac) manicure done in this place a good bit, have bought the €15 voucher so will give it a shot during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

I know Be a Diva do them. I think it's €25 for fingers or toes but they have specials on the whole time. They have posters up in the window with monthly specials if you are passing by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

tiernel wrote: »
    I got it done three days ago and already the shellac has completely chipped off two toes and one finger nail. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen but I thought that Shellac was supposed to be resilient against that sort of thing. :mad:

I've had Shellac done on my finger and toe nails several times and have found it long lasting, especially on the toes. I have left it on the toes for up to a month and it has never chipped - I always get a very dark colour done too so it would really show up if it did. I haven't found the fingernails to be quite so long lasting, would definitely have some chips within a week or two. The fact that the Shellac chipped completely off two toes in less than three days sounds like you were unlucky enough to get someone who didn't know what they were doing :( Don't let that put you off trying Shellac again - just get recommendations for someone who can apply it properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

www.tantastictan.ie in corbett court.
    They have very good offers. Dont think its the real shellac though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GalwayGirl1975

tiernel wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I heard a lot about this Shellac stuff and I'm going abroad tomorrow so I decided to get it done on fingers and toes....

I got it done three days ago and already the shellac has completely chipped off two toes and one finger nail. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen but I thought that Shellac was supposed to be resilient against that sort of thing.

The girl who did it showed me the CND products n she even had the CND UV lamp.

Just wondering if the girl who did it is just rubbish or has anyone else had a similar experience with the stuff as I'm not too impressed after the money I paid for it!!
    :mad:

you need someone who knows how to apply it correctly - really good nail bar in renaissance on merchants rd - girl in there has been doing nails forever - they have a deal on as well for Shellac - just got an email about it from happyout.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

amanda in Uptown Girl is doing it for €20 this month; she's great in my experience!! she's on eglington street, green door just down from the cellar.

Advertisement