Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roman blinds in cork

Options
  • 15-08-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey, anyone know of anyone decent in cork that can make roman blinds at a reasonable price. All the companies seem real expensive for a window that ain't all that big!! Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Hickeys do the roman blind kits if you want to do it on a budget - we got ours done that way and got a seamstress to make them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

We use Pat Coleman for our blinds - I presume he does Roman blinds, but always found him very reasonable & good service

http://www.munsterdirectory.com/htmfiles/COLEMAN%20BLINDS.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just incase you would be interested I have seen loadsa blinds in that 2nd hand furniture store in Centre Point Business Park on Centre Park Road they have some lovelry stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9 angie2011

Thanks a mill for yer replies, will check out all those options:)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭PanicStations

danoriordan1402 I was thinking of getting a seamstress to make up my blinds as well, I got a quote of EUR50 for each window, which doesn't include the fabric, as I have that already.

EUR50 per window seemed steep to me, can you tell me what you were charged? You can PM me if you'd prefer not to publish the figure on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

We used Kieran at Fastnet Blinds , very happy with him .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 angie2011

Hi ya,
    To be honest 50 per window seems really good to me, roman blinds seem to be so expensive & i've heard they are not all that difficult to make. I paid 95euro for mine my window is only about 4ft wide, so not big at all. That wasn't including the material as I had this bought beforehand. Seemingly I have a very thick lining in it tho so that gives it a big more fullness. I thought at the time this wasn't a bad price as some of the fabric shops quoted me in and around 170 just to make. So 50 doesnt seem bad at all.

Hope this helps, to be honest tho they are worth the money, as they look really well and finish off a window very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

danoriordan1402 I was thinking of getting a seamstress to make up my blinds as well, I got a quote of EUR50 for each window, which doesn't include the fabric, as I have that already.

EUR50 per window seemed steep to me, can you tell me what you were charged? You can PM me if you'd prefer not to publish the figure on boards.

Hi panic stations - 50 was around the price we paid as well which we thought was a good deal - it about 2 or 3 times that price in the blind shops.

Advertisement