Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a Womans Clothing Boutique

Options
  • 15-08-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I'm looking for some advice around setting up a clothing boutique. I've reserved a place on a local enterprise board start your own business course so I can get the fundamentals covered. I'm currently in fulltime employment in IT but longterm its not my passion. Realisticially I want to be up and running by Jan 2013 I have some contacts in woman's retail but I'm confused about the first steps as I'm assuming I will have to buy stock for next summer now. Do most people in clothing startups buy stock before sourcing there premises? Has anyone setup a ladies boutique that could PM with the basics of where to start? thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Difficult industry to succeed in, whats your unique selling point? How are you going to stand out from the crowd?

Sourcing stock, you'd be best checking out some of the trade shows in Europe before deciding on which brands to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

I genuinely have a good eye for fashion and I'd be targeting medium priced stock to cater for ladies who want a outfit for a wedding or an event but want something different from Coast or Karen Millen.There are a few Italian brands I'm thinking of and I want to stock shoes and maybe a small section for accessories even head pieces (for the races etc)The area I'm thinking of is middle class and the boutiques that are there already aren't great. I have a few contacts in the media so I'd hope to advertise in a couple of magazines (bridal, VIP etc) even try to do a few features on setting up my own business to get the name out there. I also plan on Leveraging the online marketing thats huge at the moment facebook twitter maybe even try and get a slot on xpose...all ideas at the moment :-)

Advertisement