Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got pregnant on the pill!!

Options
  • 15-08-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am a reg poster here so going unreg until we get over the shock of this. I have an 11month old and I found out yesterday I'm due on April fools day 2012!

Fine not a problem only i was taking Noriday since the 6 week check up for my daughter.

Now, I admit to time in my life when I've been a bit lax with the pill taking but things are so hectic at home I brought my pill to work and took it before lunch every day for the last 4 months. I also took it at home on my days off!

I have never been so careful with the pill and admit the break through bleeding I had gotten used to was even a thing of the past.

The two of us are just sitting here in shock. I went to the doctor today to see if I could have had a false positive, we went through all option and arrived at the fact I got pregnant on the pill!! I'm in the 2%.

I went from being unable to conceive to pregnant, to pregnant on the pill....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

What a blessing!! Congratulations :) once the shock wears off, you'll be delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Congratulations *tries to remember who else has an 11 month old* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Congrats , it happened to me too on m y second. I was taking pill and got pregnant. I had taken an antibiotic for a uti approx 6wks before so this is possiboly why. (Rookie error i know, was so busy with moving into new home it never crossed my mind. ) I thought very early i felt preg, but thought it not possible, took home preg test which was neg. I waas soooo sick, exhausted and comp;etely levelled with migraines thought I thought Ok if I not preg I must have brain tumour. (Hypochondria would be a friend of mine) I tested neg for 2weeks, until I got pos. It was worst 2wks of my life, as I was so sick with no happy reason. When went to GP after pos hpt I was still taking pill. All was fine my now 16month girl is the happiest addition to our 4yr old boy that we coul dhave asked for. But the initial shock takes a bit of getting used to. Dont feel bad about this, .

Best of luck to you, Many congrats,

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OK today, I'm less shocked but happier.

I have even sold some of the baby stuff I had for my little one! I'm only 7 weeks so I'll have to keep it under wraps for another 5 weeks.

When I think of all the antihistamine, ibuprofen and other stuff I have taken in the last few weeks. Oh well, none from now on.

I think with the space in my house at the moment I need bunk-cots!

Believe me the ammount of ibuprofen, migraine tablets, paracetamol tablets I took before I got BFP was scary!!! You ll be fine, but TBH I did not accept it at all until scan. I bawled crying telling DH, he thought I was sick or after going mad on the credit card or something... Twould make you think about how lonely a place it must be for someone in a crisis pregnancy.

It is very emotional for you at the moment, mind yourself

• Advertisement

Feel much better today, but strangely not pregnant at all. Obviously I'm a totally dif size and shape than I was before my daughter so I cant even say if I'm bloated or even have a bump yet.

Yeah I dont think ill accept/believe it until the scan.

Not sick / tired / constipated etc like I was at 7 weeks last time. I guess it true what they say, each pregnancy is different.

It even felt weird not taking the pill the past two days, though I have the folic acid in its place!

Just making a list of what baby stuff Ill need....

Hi,

You ll prob be amazed with how little extra stuff you ll need but take a fools advice and for example if you need second cot, borrow one, or at very least look at second hand/swab websites. I really regret being a slave to buying stuff.

One thing I did do though was to buy a different bottle as DS1 was still taking a bottle when DD2 arrived.

I think you def deserve some nice maternity wear though....:D

Take care

I sold my maternity clothes!!

I bought everything off adverts or from my sister. The only new things I bought was my breast pump. Then when that didnt work out the bottles and sterliser. Atleast I still have that.

I still need another car seat, cot and a dreaded double buggy....

Atleast I have a good while to put some money aside.

I'm not going to see the inside of a pub this decade!

Hi Shockedbuthappy,

I was just browsing the wonderful web and I came across this site, I'll post link below. It might be handy. http://www.onceuponachild.ie/

As for seeing inside of pub!!!!!! Am trying to convince myself that it is overrated!!!!!............with little success mind you...Hope you re well?

Advertisement