Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thank You Robbie Keane Thread

Options
  • 15-08-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

I know im biased, but anyway :D , thanks for everything Robbie, you gave me some great moments while you were at the lane, top man, fair play to you and good luck in the MLS.

His hat-trick v Everton, the equaliser v Chelsea, his goal at city when i was behind the goal trying to get on to give em a hug :D , legend....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbwMbnhYdW8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Best of luck to robbie in LA
    Il never forget his partnership with berbatov it was one of the best we've had in a long time..lets hope we get a strike force like that again very soon...COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Cheers Robbie, Spurs and Ireland legend, they don't come better than that! 91 league goals in the PL is a phenomenol return, hope he keeps banging them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

very disappointedx to have to lose him AGAIN. he is my current favourite player. i never really watched ireland until he was my favourite player.

also disappointed to not be able to watch him week in and week out in the prem.

robbie keane, love or hate him his record is up there with the best strikers in the league(12th all time premier league scorer if im not mistaken)

best of luck robbie, you will never be forgotten by the white hart lane faithfull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Thanks Robbie for all the good times, a legend in my eyes. Remember that goal at Highbury where he just stood with his hands in the air in celebration for a good minute while all the goons went nuts at Davids hahaha. he scored some fantastic goals alright, against Leeds back at the start of his Spurs career, the ones against Blackburn, Chelsea, the two volleys against Fulham. Number 1 is Robbie keane, Number 2 is Robbie Keane.......:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Spurs legend,best of luck to him in LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Good luck Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Good luck and thanks for allthe memories you are the reason I started supporting spurs in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Thanks for the Gift Grub this morning Robbie. One of the best in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Keane, R D

2002-2008
    2008-2011

League, FA Cup, League Cup & Euro Competitions
    Appearances: 306 (incl. as sub)
    Goals: 123

Thanks Robbie, youre a Spurs legend and best of luck in LA. Keep the goals coming for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Robbie keane mark I: Thanks for everything that you did at the club, you made it exciting watching during the mediocre seasons of struggling to 6/7th place in the league and the added bonus of you being from tallaght.

Riobbie Keane mark II: thanks for fullfilling your 'boyhood' dream and going to liverpool before returning to us and taking 60k sterling a week for being brutal...
    glad your gone to be honest as you have done nothing since the carling cup win.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

Robbie thank you for your sterling service to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. I for one think that you will be a loss to us this season. I wish you every success in LA and hope that you can come to to an accommodation with them so that you will continue to be available for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

I still can't get my head around the way he enigineered his move to Liverpool , his boyhood club or was that Celtic? I forget.

He'll be remembered but not missed at WHL.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

golfball37 wrote: »
    I still can't get my head around the way he enigineered his move to Liverpool , his boyhood club or was that Celtic? I forget.

This really pisses me off. The amount of times people spout this. Do you not know anyone who has supported Celtic and another English club? Cause i know quite a few. It's a pretty standard thing for a lot of people these days.

taking 60k sterling a week for being brutal...

Harsh. If that's the case, 3/4 of the squad are guilty as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Kiith wrote: »
    This really pisses me off. The amount of times people spout this. Do you not know anyone who has supported Celtic and another English club? Cause i know quite a few. It's a pretty standard thing for a lot of people these days.

It is for me too. I didn't say I was happy to be play for Spurs for the rest of my career 2 months before begging to be let leave for Liverpool however. Robbie did this and I will never ever forgive that. Fair play to him he has done well for himself and well for Spurs in his fiorst spell but if he just kep his trap shut about certain things there'd be no issue. 2008 he had finally made it to teh big time as a Spurs player only to decide he was too good for us.

Now its always been his dream to play for the Galaxy apparently too.:rolleyes:

Robbie keane mark I: Thanks for everything that you did at the club, you made it exciting watching during the mediocre seasons of struggling to 6/7th place in the league and the added bonus of you being from tallaght.

Riobbie Keane mark II: thanks for fullfilling your 'boyhood' dream and going to liverpool before returning to us and taking 60k sterling a week for being brutal...
    glad your gone to be honest as you have done nothing since the carling cup win.

Hey mate, this is the thank you thread so no need for the second part :rolleyes:

It is for me too. I didn't say I was happy to be play for Spurs for the rest of my career 2 months before begging to be let leave for Liverpool however. Robbie did this and I will never ever forgive that. Fair play to him he has done well for himself and well for Spurs in his fiorst spell but if he just kep his trap shut about certain things there'd be no issue. 2008 he had finally made it to teh big time as a Spurs player only to decide he was too good for us.

Same as i said to previous poster, this is a 'thank you robbie keane' thread, so if you want to slag him off go do it somewhere else. Now that i think about it there is plenty of Keane bashing on the soccer forum so maybe that is a good place to air your views?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Best of Luck to him. He has had a great career.

Scathing attack on him in today's Irish Indo though..

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/the-ego-has-landed-2848803.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Good luck to him.

I remember when him and King were our only decent players (2002-2005)
    He saved our asses on many occiaisons in those dark days.

He's not been up to the required standard for 2/3 years, glad he's moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Seems like a good move to all involved. Thank you to a Spurs and Ireland hero. Hope you keep on banging in the goals for both club and country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 decesfeo

Fair play to robbie,I dont understand hearing people saying hes crazy,lets be honest,he has achived almost every thing a player would have wanted,played in italy,played in world cups,played in scotland,england, and all european championships
    Robbie has a chance to go see america!y not fair play robbie u have been a great servant to football in the uk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 decesfeo

Fair play to robbie,I dont understand hearing people saying hes crazy,lets be honest,he has achived almost every thing a player would have wanted,played in italy,played in world cups,played in scotland,england, and all european championships
    Robbie has a chance to go see america!y not fair play robbie u have been a great servant to football in the uk!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Best of luck Robbie, thanks for the memories! F*ck the begrudgers. I still be cheering you on for Ireland.

F*ck the begrudgers.

Here Here

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Good luck to him.

I remember when him and King were our only decent players (2002-2005)
    He saved our asses on many occiaisons in those dark days.

He's not been up to the required standard for 2/3 years, glad he's moved on.

Agree with Dublin Spur entirely. Robbie as a very good player for us for a number of years. Lost a bit of that pace in the last few years so not good enough anymore for a team chasing a top-4 spot. His departure might allow us to bring in a young, hungry striker (a la Daniel Sturridge says he hopefully)

Overall, thanks for the good days and best of luck to him in the US. Hope that he continues to do the business for the national team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Its always been his dream to play in the MLS, you cant blame him for wanting to follow his dream. LA Toblerone :D ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

In 2008 Ramos wanted him out and when Keane knew this he was happy to move to one of his boyhood clubs :D
    Anyway all academic now. I think in time to come he'll be recognised as a very good Spurs player. his record speaks for itself. Best of luck to him in LA

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Thanks Robbie, simple as. Apart from anything else, in a decade when he was ireland's one top, top player, he was a Spurs player, that mattered to me.
    Also, he never stopped trying. In the second spell, he actually scored 15 goals in 34 appearances, some as sub. Not bad, eh.
    He also set up Pav's vital goal away to Young Boys. I'd like to haveseen him with Pav a bit, they seemd to get each other.
    He won supporters player of the year three times- no-one else in recent memory has.
    Of course he should never have left, and he definitely should never have come back. Harry only bought him back because Defoe got crocked, and thge risk of relegation was too great. He paid dearly for the coppers party- no forgiveness, for whatever reason. IMO, he would have been better to stay and fight his corner at Liverpool, he might have ended up winning them the title that year. A really good career, spoiled by a few badly timed moves, and a bit too much of thepointy shouty bs, but when focused- wonderful.
    Only Sheringham and Klinsmann and Archibald and Crooks rival keane and Berbatov in my affections as a strike pair, and he will score anothjer bunch for Ireland.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Apologies for the appaling spelling above, very tyred, no tried, no tiered, , fck it, I'm tired. Night all.

Advertisement