Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information re Computer Degree

• 15-08-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

Im working full-time and I'm wondering if I can take an evening degree in computers over a number of years?
    I need an Honours degree eventually and I should be able to skip year 1 with prior recognition.

Any ideas on the easiest route there......

Greatful for any replies!:)

Pietroe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Pietroe wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im working full-time and I'm wondering if I can take an evening degree in computers over a number of years?
    I need an Honours degree eventually and I should be able to skip year 1 with prior recognition.

Any ideas on the easiest route there......

Greatful for any replies!:)

Pietroe

Last year I started ITS3 by night (BSc IT Support) and loved it. I have to complete a few modules this year and then I can progress to Hons BSc in IT Management. There are other options such as Software Development or Cloud Computing (when available). Check out http://courses.cit.ie for info or contact the Dept as they are good to talk to.

Also have you discussed prior recognition with CIT as some people assume they can get it for an entire year easily. You need to put in an application for each module you wish to get RPL for and prove that you understand all of the learning outcomes. This takes time so ask now if you are looking for it soon. www.cit.ie/rpl

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pietroe

Hi philiporeilly

Thanks so much for the reply. It's great to hear some positive news. I'll make contact this week and check ITS3 out. I didnt think the RPL needed that much detail so thats first on my agenda.

Again, much appreciation for your time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I see this is an Old one but you in the BSc are you still in the Higher Cert... I hear CIT are stopping the BSc ITS for part time Students just wanna knw did you get on the course before they closed it off to new Students that are looking to apply

Advertisement