Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tin whistles A or E

Options
  • 15-08-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a tin whistle in the Key of A or the Key of E?
    I understand the A whistle would have to be a low whistle, but where in Dublin/Ireland can I buy these?

Thanks.
    Dwain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Tradnuts

http://www.burkewhistles.com/

They are expensive, but he is possibly the best whistle maker in the world.
    So once you get one, then thats that sorted!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Well if you want something cheaper, you can get those at Irish musical instruments in Baldoyle ind. est. You'll also be able to try them out there. I get a lot more use out of an A personally and can't remember the last time I've had to take the E out of the bag at a session. I recommend the Dixons, I've an A in polymer but there might be an aluminium one available too. Should look at the low G's and F's while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dwaincasey

Thanks guys,

I will look into them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

I got a lovely dixon E whistle in waltons on North Frederick street. About €22 it cost, well worth it.

You can easily play in A on an E whistle, same as playing in G on a regular D one. Dixon whistles are great though.

Advertisement