Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costello internet

• 15-08-2011 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Does anyone know if Costello near Rosaveal is covered by broadband, I am thinking about moving there but need the internet for my work?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Yes, stay near the main crossroads in Casla or along/near the main road if you wanna be sure of getting it though. Many boreens have insufficient copper and split lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

RobinEire wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Costello near Rosaveal is covered by broadband, I am thinking about moving there but need the internet for my work?

You have 3 choices,

1) Eircom, the local exchange is enable, but as another poster pointer out, stay on the main roads and ways from windy booreens.

2) LightHouse networks do a WiMax service, no need for phone lines, I have used them the past three years and no major problem.

3) Airwire, another wireless service which covers the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭tphase

+1 for Lighthouse networks. Have them at work, good guys to deal with.
    You can probably get their signal from the aran islands or the mast up the seanapheistin road

Advertisement